Divorces

let's start the second part, please review and let me know what you think.

Los Angeles
Steve was waiting outside the court. He felt quite lost, without a single joke to say, a wit.
It was a clean morning. With the air coming in full and stinging into the nostrils.
He looked at an indeterminate point while waiting for his lawyer, a guy with a nice face, paid to get him to put a signature on what he already knew but had arrived too early. He hadn't closed his eye, he felt his broken bones pinching him inside.
Divorce. What a strange word.
But do people really get divorced? Can you really separate from someone you loved?
He saw Bran parking on the other side of the sidewalk and that wrapped around his heart. He felt relieved. A friendly face in the rubble of her life.
"What are you doing here?" He asked him by approaching.
Brandon made a grimace "I didn't want to leave you alone".
Steve smiled sad "thank you brother" his hands squeezed letting a few more seconds pass between them.
"It's early," Brandon said, looking at the clock, "Are we going to eat something? Let's have a coffee, let's spend the time."
"No work today? Are they already fed up with you at CBS?"
Brandon listened to him but in the meantime he was trying to frame a bar.
"Today I had to take care of something more important," he replied, staring at him,
"what?"
"you, let's go there."
Steve followed him. He could have followed Brandon to the end of the world if he asked him.
They sat down and took coffee, pancakes and eggs.
"You have the face of someone who hasn't slept in days," Brandon told Steve.
"Thanks, you too," Steve replied, biting some bacon.
Bran laughed.
"Are you going to get an apartment now?"
Steve put down the fork and sighed heavily.
"This sense of failure doesn't make me sleep at night," Steve sighed, "it's not the divorce, the end. It's having invested so much and losing everything."
"In my opinion you didn't lose everything," Brandon replied, "what you did and what you gave good remains and will always remain."
"Do you believe?"
"I am convinced of that. That's what happened to me."
"Maybe," he replied, stopped and cut the pancake with the fork, "Did Kelly tell you to come here, uh?" .
Bran laughed loudly "let's say it's a common decision, she's worried about you."
"I'm worried about myself too."
"You'll get by," Bran replied, "you've always gotten away with it."
Steve smiled at him. Since Bran had returned in a stable way they were seen at least three or four times a week. They had started to play tennis together, it was like in the old days.
"Where are you going to live," Bran asked him, "always at the Beat?"
"It's not bad," Steve snorted, "it's a quiet little place."
"If you want you can come and stay in my apartment," Bran told him.
"Sure?"
"it's huge" Brandon smiled.
"Haven't you and Kelly decided yet?"
Bran looked at him "it's not about me and her anymore. There is Sammy. And then in separate apartments we like it. Sneak away. Things like that."
Steve pulled out a mischievous face.
"Stop with that face," Brandon ordered him, laughing.
From the wide window Steve saw his lawyer awkwardly cross the road and lose all the cards in the middle of the roadway.
"Did you see him?" Asked Bran
"Yeah" replied along Steve "is my lawyer."
Bran chuckled.
"Stop it," .
They quickly left the money to pay the bill and got up.
The wind carried away the cards to the right and left and the lawyer struggled to retrieve them.
"Ah he is starting well," Brandon replied.
Steve laughed.
His new life began like this. With scattered cards.
London
The last rehearsals were heading to the conclusion, the day of the debut was approaching, the musical "Beverly Hills" would be staged. Brenda's dream, the fruit of her furious nights of writing was becoming a reality.
SHe had started by chance, on the old laptop at home. One word after another, stacked, squared, carved on her. SHe had put everything in it. herself, his brother, Dylan.
Dylan was sitting a little further back, he didn't like to enter Brenda's spaces but he liked to let her know that he was there. And that he would stay there. He had given some advice. He trusted her. And she desperately wanted her to trust him.
Isabel and Xavier had flown with the boys from Ecuador to be at the premiere. He had paid for everything. He wanted them to be there. With them. Part of what they had built.
And they were so agitated by the lights of London. A world so far away from theirs. The wealth, the fashion, all futility that they did without every day but that had enchanted them, kidnapped them.
The group of the show gave a round of applause that sanctioned the end of the rehearsals ...
Brenda got up. SHe greeted the technicians. Her help. The costume designers. And then she went to take refuge in his arms.
"Nervous ?"
'Terrified '.
He smiled at her "I'm sure it'll be fine. It's really a great show."
"I don't know," she replied, "it always seems to me that something is missing, or that it can be done better."
He held her tight to himself "the tickets are all sold, so to begin with".
"This doesn't help Dylan"
".. and.. he added.. I have a surprise for you."
"What?"
"You will see. Let's go JT is waiting for us."
They walked into the busy streets of London. They loved doing it very much. Walking together. Hand in hand, as if the world did not exist.
"What did you do today?"
"I went to Bayern . An investment company. I want to shield some capital for Sammy and some projects."
"And did they convince you?"
"I don't know, they had good ideas."
"You could ask my father."
"The Mythical Jimbo"
Brenda laughed "you know he loves you."
Dylan nodded and a half smile "he's retired I don't want to bother him."
Brenda just whispered.
"Okay ok, let's see"
They turned to St. Patrick's, as a light drizzle ticked on their light jackets.
"Brandon called me today."
'And?'
"Steve signed up for divorce," Dylan revealed to her.
"And how is he?"
'A rag.'
The rain began to fall more intensely and they hurried the pace.
"It must be tough," Brenda whispered. They didn't say anything else because they both knew the pain of detachment, of the unappealable end.
A black cab splashed at full speed overwhelming Brenda and Dylan with water.
Soaked, they looked at each other with their mouths wide open and then began to laugh out loud.
"Fantastic," he exclaimed. They ran home as they were. Someone watched them slip away between the laughter. They went away like dots while it was evening.