Like the water

The ceremony took place on the beach by choice of the newlyweds. Because the beach was part of their history, in good and bad luck. Chairs were set up covered with white cloth and with flowers of the shades of berries, shades from the raspberry, to light pink, to the darker one, mixed with white and closed by the emerald green of the leaves. The guests were scattered a little bit. A long white carpet was waiting for the bride. The guests talked to each other as they waited for the ceremony to begin. Jim and Cindy held Grace in a white tulle dress, while Samuel was ready to bring the rings, along with Ethan, Maddy and Blanca. The ocean was right in front of them and was blowing a light breeze.
Brandon made his entrance going to position himself near the altar set up with two a white flower columns . But first he exchanged a quick kiss with Grace and Sammy. Then his mother and father.
The minister was already waiting.
The guests took their seats.
A violinist and cellist began to play classical music gently...
Steve gave his arm to Andrea, Donna to David, Erin and Dixon and for last they made their entrance Brenda and Dylan.
Donna was happy with that truce with David as they walked along the altar, for a moment she hoped that walk would bring David back to when they were happy. That maybe he understood the huge mistake he was making. Then she saw Valerie in a sexy green dress, and garments that wasn't as simple as she thought. That she had to fight. Involuntarily she squeezed more on David. She would talk to him that day. He could work where he wanted as long as he also fought for his family.
Erin and Dixon followed under Jackie's excited gaze.
"How are you feeling?" Dylan whispered in Brenda's ear.
"I'm so happy for them and because I get into my husband's arm."
"We are the most beautiful you can say that."
"Yes.. l" Brenda nodded "we have always been the most beautiful."
"you seems really happy," Dylan replied
She looked at him "I'm".
Sammy appeared and the little bridesmaids entered in slow steps spreading petals in color and then Brandon saw her, Kelly, in her father's arm, in a magnificent dress and with the veil her face slightly moved by the breeze, and when he saw her he was moved, so much so that he had to pull away the tears. He couldn't stop them.
Dylan touched his arm to support him, Brandon felt him and smiled and watching Kelly walking, he tought had never seemed to see a more beautiful thing. He thought for a moment about her face on the Washington bench, along with the children, the same place where it all started.. "Brandon Jameson Walsh would you marry me?", before the eyes of their children. One of the bravest things she had done for him.
Steve and Dylan looked at each other for a moment. They felt the strength to be present at that moment.
The violin and the cello began to play the wedding march. Everyone stood up.
Kelly advanced towards Brandon, towards her changed life.
As the music played, Brandon and Kelly looked at each other. They hadn't seen each other all day. They had been missed.
During those steps the memories and emotions spread around them and it really seemed like everything was gone. Excluding the two of them.
Kelly and Bill arrived at the altar. Kelly's face was covered by the veil that Brandon raised discovering blue eyes unable to hold back tears.
"You're wonderful," he told her.
"You too," she replied softly.
They shook hands and together turned to the minister.
The guests sat down.
"Dear ones, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join the joy of Brandon and Kelly in the sacred marriage. In this holy house these two people will soon be united in marriage. If anyone wants to represent the right cause for which they cannot be united, they can speak now or remain silent forever," the minister added.
The crowd was silent.
"Thank goodness," Brandon whispered, letting Kelly laugh away.
"And now, Brandon and Kelly who have chosen to express their commitment in the votes they themselves wrote."
Brandon and Kelly turn around and look at each other holding hands. Brandon took the piece of paper he had prepared out of his pocket but then laid it in the same place. He looked at Kelly and began to speak Shaking her hands.
"Kelly, have you seen what does love do? There wasn't a single day I didn't love you, even when we were far away and hopeless. Not one. And that's love. I smile thinking about those days, because they are the map of our willingness to make it. To come back. Not to let go. And you taught me that. You taught me love. Even when you weren't there. Isn't that magical? We are like water, Kel, the one that digs the hard stone and finds a road. You took me by the hand, squeezed that hand and never left it. With a stubbornness that is one of the pillars of this love. It has always been like this with you and I know it will always be like this. I like to look at the curve of your eyebrow when you look at me, I like it when we hum in the kitchen and teach me to dance and I dance with you, I like to watch you kiss my heart, every single day. You make me feel loved. You took me and made me a better person, a better father and a better companion. You complete me. I take you in marriage my love, now and always, for every day that comes. Together. Kel, have you seen what does love do?".
Brandon and Kelly smiled at each other and he took away a tear entangled in her eyes stroking her face.
It was her time, whose voice trembled and advanced slowly.
"Brandon, what I love most about you is that you allow me to be myself, you took care of me, and you helped me become the woman I am now. You made me a mother. Only you could find me in the places where I was lost. Just you. The more I love you, the more I learn to know myself, to keep my vulnerabilities at bay, to bring out courage. You gave me the strength and no one else taught me that. Every day you give me a reason to be happy, to try, to try again, because I know I'm not alone. I know I have you. You gave me the only possible direction, beyond, you complete me and I love you Brandon Jameson Walsh. I've always loved you and I think it will be like this forever. There is no way to change you with anything my love" Kel laughed " you took my heart and keep it with you. And I know my heart is in his house."
The emotion sparkled as much as the ocean behind them. It seemed that time had stopped.
Even the minister took a few more seconds.
"Brandon Jameson Walsh, do you want to take here Kelly Marlene Taylor as your legitimate wife in illness and health, wealth or poverty, and love and honor her for all the days of your life?" The minister asked.
Brandon looked at Kelly "I want it."
"Kelly Marlene Taylor want you to take Brandon Jameson Walsh as your legitimate husband, in sick and healthy. In wealth and poverty, and to love him and honor him every day of your life?"
Kelly smiled "I want it"
Dylan took the wedding rings from Sammy's pillow and passed them to Brandon. Then he framed Brenda and winked at her.
"Brandon, please repeat after me. With this ring, I give you my promise to honor you..." said the minister.
"With this ring, I make you my promise to honor you," Brandon said.
"Being true to you."
"Being true to you," Brandon repeated.
"And share my love and my life with you," the minister said.
"And to share my love and my life with you."
"In every way, always," the minister said.
"In every way, always."
Brandon took Kelly's hand and ran the ring to her finger.
"Kelly, please repeat after me. With this ring, I give you my promise to honor you..."
With this ring, I give you my promise to honor you..."
"Being true to you," the minister said.
"Being true to you."
"And sharing my love and my life with you."
"And to share my love and my life with you," Kelly repeated.
'In every way, always',
"In every way, always," Kelly repeated without ceasing to look Brandon in the eye and sliding the ring over his finger.
"With the authority conferred on me by the State of California, I declare you husband and wife. You can kiss the bride" the minister smiled and Brandon wrapped his wife in his arms kissing her even longer.
Brenda was moved and couldn't hold back her tears.
"Let me introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Walsh," the minister concluded with applause and general joy.
"Finally," Kelly said, kissing Brandon again. Grace wanted to go in the arms of her mother and so Samuel gave his hand to his father. That was the first married photo, the only one possible. They passed among the guests together, all four, while a rain of rice and petals celebrated that love that had had the strength to find each other and become one. Forever.
The reception was held in an exclusive location in Malibu. His daughter was getting married and Bill was eager to pay all in an exclusive seat.
Still facing the sea. Brandon and Kelly always held hands. Brandon caressed little Grace while Sammy was busy chasing the other children. Especially Blanca.
He liked her, it was obvious, he took care to bring her things from the buffet, to make sure that the other children didn't make fun of her because of her different accent.
Brenda watched that moon-skinned little girl with very black eyes as she cuddled with the attention of her grandparents Walsh, Sammy's, Steve's grandparents.
Brenda loved her. It was a love at first sight years before, which resisted and won. There was something about Blanca that attracted her. And by which she let herself be carried away.
Dylan approached her and put an arm around her waist "how is my wife?"
"Very good," she said, kissing him briefly, "I can't believe we've come this far and I'm glad you decided to come."
Dylan nodded with his face "I'm not going anywhere without you, and I'm going everywhere you're there."
It was called the bridal ball. Grace protested a lot when she was delivered into Cindy's hands and taken away from Brandon's. She only calmed down when Grandpa Jim took her with him to take her to see the sea up close.
"What a couple those two," Brenda smiled as she looked at her father and niece.
Brandon and Kelly were immersed in the dance in the middle of the wooden track.
"We made it Mrs. Walsh."
Kel smiled "we did it Mr. Walsh."
"If I have to be honest it seems incredible to me, until three years ago my life was a whole other thing. And instead look here. You are back. You came to pick me up."
"Technically, Mrs. Walsh, it is you who came to pick me up" he kissed her on the forehead as they moved slowly "and for this I will be infinitely grateful and eternal debtor to you. There will never be a day when I won't love you, just like I don't remember there ever been one in the past."
They kissed tenderly and the other couples added to the dance.
"Mrs. McKay?" Dylan asked Brenda, holding out his hand.
"Of course"
Brenda and Dylan also added up, following all the other couples.
There was an absolutely magical atmosphere. Of fatigue over. Of deep light. Of something achieved.
Dylan held Brenda tight and rested her head on his chest.
"This feeling is very sweet"
"It's true," he replied.
"There's one thing I have to tell you," Brenda just whispered.
"What?" Dylan didn't understand.
"I'm happy"
"Yes, me too"
They kept dancing slowly and tight. Brenda glanced at an unrecognizable Jim among her grandchildren, including Blanca. Brenda smiled.
"Dylan.. I have to tell you something"
"What.." he sighed sweetly.
"I'm pregnant"
Dylan stopped for a moment, took her by the shoulders and looked her in the eye.
"what?"
Brenda smiled and cried, and he squeezed her tight.
"Like.. when.." the words didn't come out of him.
"This morning at Kelly's, I know I had promised I wouldn't do any more. But Kelly wanted to share this moment with me and me with her...and two lines appeared.. two lines. Like the two of us, parallel."
He didn't say anything, he squeezed her even harder.
"I told Andrea. We are expected by her on Monday."
They kept dancing. Without saying anything.
They, the new Walsh, Jim and Cindy, Andrea and Philippe.
Clare and Steve.
Valerie sat at her table, entertained with a couple of Brandon's journalist friends all evidently already seduced by her.
David looked at her from afar, he hated admitting it but was jealous. At least a little bit.
Kelly's life had definitely straightened up and his life was going down the wrong way. He hadn't spoken to Valerie all day. Their looks had crossed but he felt sincere pain for Donna and for what she was enduring and that he inflicted on her.
The fact is that he couldn't help it, once he left that house and from his obligations he had discovered a new self, perhaps more hooded and inconclusive but certainly more serene he had no intention of going back.
Later it was Brenda who took her brother away for a dance, she asked permission from the bride who winked at her. She already knew what Brenda wanted to say to him, Kelly had witnessed that happiness and she was at that time too.
It was Bill who asked to be able to dance with her and Brandon smiled as he joined the hands of father and daughter. Kelly had made peace with him and had probably made peace the moment he had married Brandon. Another man who had come forward in her life and who had given her, the support and trust.
"You've improved in the dance," Brenda looked at her brother.
"Yes, I know," he said.
"So are you happy?"
Brandon smiled "yes" he replied "yes. After so much wandering I'm happy."
"It was hard huh?"
Brandon came up with a powerful and spontaneous smile "very hard, sometimes an impossible feat".
"You're about to become an uncle" she said so in one breath.
"Really?" Brandon's honest joy was palpable.
"It seems like that. That is, I must have confirmation and I didn't want to tell anyone but I'm too happy. This morning I took the test with Kelly, I wanted to share it with her. Joy or pain. And it was joy."
Brandon kissed his sister on the forehead, the music changed and Kelly came to get his husband back and Brenda left his brother in the arms of Kelly who had joined them, along with Grace and Sammy. All four held on tight.
The dark ocean, the same as when Brandon left, that night was a welcoming father, leaving its footprints intact, even inside the heart.