Castle in the sand

"Do you think Hannah was serious?" Brandon asked slipping into bed "I mean Steve and Andrea?"
"I don't know, they looked normal throughout the dinner."
"Did you study them?"
"Well," Kelly replied with cunning eyes as she put on the hand cream, "they didn't betray half the emotion, they didn't even look at each other."
This last statement blocked the eyes of the two.
"Then it's true," they laughed at the same time.
Kelly got up, put on a white t-shirt and slipped under the white sheet too.
She curled up in Brandon's arms.
"These are wonderful days, however, I think I haven't had summers like this again, from.."
"From high school."
"Yeah" she smiled giving him a little kiss "Sammy is excited, he collapsed like a stone" Kel stopped for a moment with the thought "Brenda and Dylan come back tomorrow."
"Mmmhh" Brandon whispered exhausted, then opened his eyes "are you worried?"
"Should I?" She asked.
"Kel this situation, your quarrel at the airport we should, indeed you should solve it" turned to her, face to face "at least the relationship between you and Brenda, make it good, do it for me, it's my sister, she was there when no one left, please."
"I'll make an effort," she said, kissing him more deeply, "I promise."
"Tomorrow I try to get back from work soon so if you want let's talk to all four together."
She put a hand on his face "I appreciate it".
"Did you hear what Sammy said today?"she asked.
" Yes, I heard it." sHe paused "how did it make you feel?"
"It excited me," he replied.
"Really?" Kel looked at him sweetly.
'Really'
"Move here and live with me," Kel suddenly asked him, she hadn't taken her eyes off him," here in this house with me... and with Sammy.
"I I thought you wanted to wait".
"It's true but, tonight I was looking at you and I thought I want to live with you. That I don't want to wake up alone in the morning and I want to fall asleep with you. Every day.".
He smiled at her.
"Yes," he replied, "but Sammy?"
"We can talk to him about it these days. Let's see how he reacts."
"What if he reacts badly?"
Kel sighed "I don't think so. Sammy loves you."
"Maybe Dylan's presence here isn't a good time. He might miss his father and refuse me," Brandon was evidently scared.
Kel hated this situation, his life was tied to Sammy's while Dylan's was free. The fact that she thought about it immediately made her feel guilty. Brandon noticed the gloomy air.
"I could bring something of mine every day." He smiled at her "See how it goes. Until I have nothing left to bring."
"Are you serious?"
"Of course"
"And maybe a few mornings wake up here and see how he reacts"
"Yes" Kelly smiled seeing that some possibilities were opening up.
"Maybe We are worrying too much," Brandon concluded, "the fact is, Sammy has already been abandoned, you understand what I mean, I don't want to hurt him."
"Do you mean if it doesn't work between us?"
"I mean I don't want to hurt him. It would break my heart because I am not his father and I have no right to see him or talk to him. I don't know. I'm afraid of this."
"It won't happen," Kelly resumed.
"How do you know?" Brandon asked.
"Because I love you," she said.
He kissed her deeply. They caressed each other. They pulled away the only sheet. They took each other and stayed in each other. Several times. From the outside a light sea breeze was kissing their delicate and then frantic bodies. A breeze scented with sunscreen, bright reverbers, and them.
Of the future that was approaching long steps.
That Sunday morning the Beach Club organized the appointment that had entertained the guests of the beach for years: the review of the "Sand Castles". Calling them this way was quite reductive; some structures were real works of art. The day was sunny, but it did not blow the slightest breath of wind, which led those present to make frequent capes in the water to look for some cooling. Steve had shown up at the club in a good time, accompanied by the increasingly present Maddy. Janet left plenty of room for father and daughter, she could enjoy the summer in freedom and Steve tried to make up for lost time. Perhaps at the expense of work, but the boy was impulsive, sentimental and had decided that at this stage of his life he had to be a good father and not make money or the like. He had arrived at the beach alone, as Brandon spent more and more nights at the Taylor house; he had arranged their things in the cabin and earned the pitch that the organization had assigned to his group for what would be the work of the year. Or at least those were his intentions. The day before, after heated debates at the moonlight, his proposal had popped up on that of the other two contenders: Sanders wanted to recreate a unicorn busy crossing a rainbow (to the happiness of little Maddy), David wanted to play a giant turntable and Andrea planned to erect a mini Empire State Building. The proposal of Donna, who in honor of the old days wanted to rebuild the Eiffel Tower, as in the last and only competition in which she had participated, was not even taken into consideration.
"You're completely crazy" had apostrophed Kelly, whose memory of those days was enough to put her in a bad mood and bring her back to mind the triangle with Brenda and Dylan, the play, the documents not to be signed and the conversation that from then on she would be forced to face without the slightest desire. A Pindaric flight that Donna did not take, but that Brandon was well aware of.
Steve was spreading the poster that would be inspirational when Ethan's crying announced the Silver spouses. Maddy, who loved babies, rushed to them "Uncle David, Aunt Donna!"
"Hi honey," the boy greeted her, while the mom and the little one were already advancing hot, despite the sun not yet very high.
"We put our bags in the cabin and here we are"David was smiling, despite the arrow just shot in his direction by his wife.
"Sure, you would come with the towel, I take care of your son so much."
"yeahh, so Sanders, you're already getting ready I see...it's going to be crap."
It will be wonderful," Steve replied without even looking at him, taken from piling up the sand useful to start the work. Like a fury, little Sammy came from the back and threw himself into the hole that the boy was digging "I'll help you Uncle Steve!"
"Oooooh, welcome pigeons, hello Andrea"; Brandon, Kelly and Andrea joined the rest of the group.
"Where is Hannah?" Asked Donna.'s
"He joined his father, they will spend a week at the beach in Florida."
"Ah, she didn't talk about it."
"But how – Brandon got into the speech – she hasn't talked about anything else for weeks."
"I must be tired again," Donna observed. Kelly, meanwhile, lingered with the gaze between Steve and Andrea, trying to notice even the slightest reaction to the prospect of having Zuckerman house available without raids for an entire week. But Steve seemed engulfed by the rainbow he was about to build and was totally absorbed by the project; or at least that was what he let go as he had begun to speak. Kel was almost certain that it was an ostentation of disinterest; which corroborated his hypothesis that the tender had been flowing between the two for some time.
Previous Night Flashback in Taylor House
"Brandon, read here," the night before he had called Brandon's attention to an email he just received ..
"what's up?"
"Clare wrote me, in a couple of weeks she will be in Los Angeles for a conference at the observatory and will take advantage of it to stop and stay with us for a while."
"Great, Steve knows?"
"I don't know, she doesn't say much else here. I had promised to invite her. She will go to her father's house, who is not hosting anyone right now; and she would like to see us again; now I'll send back her a mail that we have a space at the Beach Club and we can host her at the beach whenever she wants. It would take some pepper in our company" Kelly got up from the pc and smiled hugged him.
"Don't we put enough of it?" Brandon asked.
"I would say no, or at least not that kind of pepper, we have our own. Personal" and kissed him.
"Very personal," he whispered, returning the kiss, "and so Andrea?"
"Ours is just a feeling, which is based among other things on a sentence thrown there by a teenager in crisis."
"Do you believe that? I mean, do you think it's plausible that Steve and Andrea are sharing their loneliness in the intimacy of the singles's bed?"
"How charming you are - Kel said and kissed him again - yes, I think it's possible. But right now I'm more interested in the thalalum upstairs"
"Sammy?"
"He's been in sleep for forty minutes."
"I thought we can leave here together tomorrow morning," he said, kissing her slowly on the neck.
"That would make me really happy"
He gave her his hand "let's go up".
Present time
The cell phone ring brought Kelly back to the present. It was Dylan. But it wasn't her cell ringing, but Brandon's, who had put it in her bag.
"I think it's for you" visibly annoyed.
"Thank you, hallo? Hi bro. Yes ... ok ... at what time? Well, see you tonight."
He gave the phone back to Kelly.
"They arrive at 20.30 from London, I'm going to pick them up at the airport."
"Great- said Kel, putting the cell angrily in the bag Then she turned to Steve-Steve, let's get busy; the unicorn must be very realistic, maybe it helps me sneak it out, Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis want to Butter me up".
"Kel.." Brandon sighed
"forget It"
"Who am I, Mom?" Asked Sammy.
"No sweety , mom was joking." The atmosphere had weighed down, at least for Kel. The children were busy splashing and playing. She was watching them but wasn't really looking at them.