The father's name

Dylan gave his hand to Kelly to get out of the car.
"Dylan I'm pregnant not incapacited."
He smiled at her "you're right but let me do my job".
Kelly got out of the car with a weak smile. She was relieved that he was there, she was happy because Sammy was happy, and she was relieved that she no longer had to deal with this thing alone.
The sadness and pain about Brandon's loss re-cured to alternating currents but the truth was that Kelly had decided to move forward for that new life she was carrying in her belly. She hoped that the little one would not feel the pain that pierce her especially at night while looking out the tips of the trees moved by the wind. She knew Dylan was fighting his own battle, had lost his son, his life love and now he was committed to taking care of Sammy.
"Let's go," they said.
They went up to the second floor. Dr. Spencer was waiting for them in the Consulting room.
SHe put the cold gel on Kelly's belly and as a miracle, a little magic, she expanded the sound of a small heartbeat. Kelly instinctively grabbed Dylan's hand, who took it.
The doctor took a couple of measurements.
"It's okay, do you want to know the sex?"
"No," Kelly replied immediately.
"Okay," Dr. Spencer replied, "then we have to fill out your form."
She gave Kelly some absorbent paper to clean her belly and sat down at her desk.
She asked general questions. Hereditary diseases, allergies, problems.
"I was experienced with endometriosis, seven years ago. And I had a miscarriage," Kelly whispered sadly. That child who always came back and lived in her heart. Brandon's child.
"But you completed another pregnancy."
"Yes," Kelly replied happier, "he is six years old today almost seven."
"It's okay. We will keep the situation under control but any loss you must call me at any time."
Kelly nodded.
The doctor turned to Dylan alone.
"So father's name?"
Kelly and Dylan looked at each other briefly, he was embarrassed, she lowered her head.
"I'm not the father, I'm a friend of her."
"oh, sorry" said Doc Spencer.
"It's ok.. but If you need an emergency number you can put my name in place of the father this will allow me to be here and not have problems with the hospital."
"Of course, but " Doc Spencer said "I need some information about the father"
"I can't help you," Kelly replied in tears.
"it's ok Miss Taylor, forget it"
"Please Doc.Can you keep this paternity thing to you until the birth of the child?"
Doc Spencer smiled "of course"
She wrote down the name Dylan McKay next to father name and she knew she wouldn't ask any more questions. She had enough experience to know the difficult situations and in any case she always put herself on the side of the unborn child and her mother.
The doctor made an appointment for the next visit.
When they left the room Andrea was right at the end of the hallway.
She was bringing a patient of hers out of the coma to the ward after a difficult delivery.
A patient coming home for her was a success. A smile in her days. She would have told Steve that that same evening.
She saw Dylan and Kelly warmly greet Dr. Spencer and her look became gloomy.
They didn't notice her. When they came out of the sliding door Andrea hurried to go to the Spencer.
"Hei Linda."
"Hi Andrea," she replied.
"I took you up Mrs Downy. She recovered. Now I entrust her to you."
Linda Spencer smiled "Sometimes it's a moment. An caesarean can turn into a nightmare."
"Yeah" Andrea urgently smiled "so Linda.."
"Tell me"
"The two who just went out" paused "Kelly Taylor and Dylan McKay"
"Do you know them?" She replied as she distractedly placed some papers on the table.
"Yes, they are my friends."
"Beautiful couple"
"Yeah," said Andrea bitterly biting her lips, then she ventured what she never thought she would venture "how's the pregnancy?"
'Good!' Dr. Spencer smiled "everything is fine despite the endometriosis problem."
"Ah well," Andrea smiled sadly.
"And then let's face that McKay is hot."
"Dylan?" Andrea asked.
"Yes Dylan"
"He was one of the most popular guys in high school."
"Ah I don't have a hard time believing it," Linda Spencer smiled, "you have a surprised face Andrea."
Andrea took a look at Kelly Taylor's card just filled out by Doc Spencer and still resting on her desk. Father's name: Dylan McKay. God.
"No, no," she smiled to get out of the embarrassment she lied "I didn't know he was back in town."
Linda Spencer looked at her "if there's no other questions Andrea I'll go check my patients."
"No, there's nothing else," Andrea smiled.
When Linda Spencer left the room, Andrea was petrified .
That evening Steve came to see her earlier than usual and found her at the thoughtful table.
He gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"What happened? You have a face. Where is Hannah?"
"By a friend to study."
'Ah well!' Steve said scaring his hands.
Andrea pricked her eyes on him.
"Isn't that good?" Steve asked.
"Kelly is pregnant. Dylan is the father" she said.
"What? How do you know?"
"I saw them in the hospital today and asked Linda."
"And who is Linda?"
"My fellow gynecologist."
"Oh" Steve also sat at the table "Brandon knows?"
"I don't think so," Andrea replied, "should I tell him?"
"I don't know," Steve replied, "it's going to be devastating for him."
"I don't know what to do."
"Well, theoretically you don't even know so.."
"But I know," Andrea pointed out.
"Eh"
"Listen. I have Kelly's presentation tomorrow. Let me do this and then we'll tell him, Brandon I'm sure he won't come."
"But you who have seen Kelly these weeks haven't noticed anything? You can see a little belly. I saw it today."
'Did you see it?' Steve asked raising his eyebrow "I didn't notice anything."
Andrea rolled her eyes
Then they looked at each other in a sad way.
"I don't know how Brandon will react it's such a tough time for him."
"And Brenda will find out too."
"I think we lost them," Steve said, "she won't come back and I think Brandon will leave, he won't stay here to see Kelly and Dylan. He didn't then he won't do it now."