The long way to home

London.

Brenda was ready for the castings that would start with the new year. A couple of weeks and she would find herself evaluating aspiring excited actors.

In the meantime, she had scattered a series of scenography projects on the table.

Dylan's calls had become rarer. They were almost on the verge of the break. As expected. The war she hadn't wanted to fight had a winner. The most right. Sammy.

It was hard to stay away, but everyone had their own life and staying anchored to what it couldn't be made everything even more painful.

Instead, she heard Isabel on the phone. She had remained very attached to them. To Xavier. To Juan. The boys were fine. Perreira's gang had been definitively dismantled, another vil from the area had been implanted in its place. Such a Rodriguez, who for now left them alone. They promised to see each other soon, she would have liked to have everyone for the premiere of his show. MSee them well dressed and excited. Guests of honor of her life.

Jt had a taste for photography and disassembled and reassembled Brenda's ideas at will.

"Can you tell me the feeling of smoking steam?" She asked him.

It reassures me, it's a vice, something I don't want to give up," JT laughed.

"Like Dylan for me" laughed at her own irony.

"Did he call?"

"Yes, hi, how are you," mimicked Brenda, "I don't know," she said, resting the sketches on the table, "I was hoping things were different," Brenda smiled bitterly, "I can't do anything. He has to choose for himself, and then there's his son, and too many things in between."

JT smiled."...Of course, why try... better to slaughter your soul thousands of miles away," JT whispered.

"I heard you," Brenda told him.

JT smiled at her and unnthedly threw asparagus into the pan "How's your brother?".

"Really good. He left Washington and the Chronical"

"Really?"

"Yes. They called him to CBS."

JT "wow"

"Yeah," Brenda laughed, "Los Angeles office. West Coast manager. After that report on corruption at the municipality of Los Angeles...in short, his name started to spin, but do you know what I liked the most?"

"What?"

"My brother left the Chronical before, he's usually always so, safe, armed, instead Kel showed up to him, they got in the car and went back to the Chronical and he said I'm leaving."

"Such a Great boy.. so romantic .."

"I couldn't believe it. My parents came a shot they thought he had gone crazy. Then he called me and said: I'm going back to Los Angeles. And me, to do what? I try to be happy, he replied. Would you ever believe it?"

"And is it?"

"Yes," she replied, smiling softly, "it is. When you have courage you are all. He's fine. He is in the life he had the courage to come back from."

"What about you?"

Brenda laughed, looked at the clock and put the sketches inside the card.

"It's late," she said, deflecting the answer, "I have an appointment with Reynolds."

And don't you eat? Who am I cooking for glory for?"

"I'll warm it up when I get back."

"Thank you so much," JT said ironically.

"I love you," Brenda shouted, closing the door behind her back. SHe took the subway and arrived in the old theater area. Reynolds' office was in a beautiful Victorian building. SHe went up to the third floor. The secretary made her wait a while.

"Please Miss Walsh," the woman told her under a pair of glasses.

Brenda tightened her tag and hoped Raynolds' new review would be fine. When she came in, Raynolds greeted her with a smile and Dylan was sitting there in the important armchair.

"Miss Walsh, come and take a seat."

Brenda couldn't take her eyes off Dylan and a smile made her way.

"This is Mr. Mckay" Brenda reached out her hand and squeezed it to him as he winked at her.

"He is very interested in your project."

"Ah really?" Brenda asked "thank you Mr Mckay"

"That's a good project, Miss Walsh, right?"

"Right" she smiled "Walsh. Brenda Walsh."

They continued like this all the time ahead of Reynolds. Dylan looked at her as she explained the set design, the corrections, the choice of photography, and smiled at her, no one smiled at her as he smiled at her.

Her show took shape. Her spectacular day too. SHe had a calendar. An achievement. A project.

They went out in a scattered order.

Brenda waited for him in the corner.

"It was you. Are you the one who gave Reynolds the impulse to make this comedy?"

"It's a great project, Miss Walsh," Dylan replied, "I'm here to stay."

"Don't say it if it's not"

"I'm here to stay," he repeated, "my terrible days are over or maybe not, but something happened that I hadn't foreseen. I fell in love with you."

An old sentence that had taken an immense turn to come back in front of her. A long way home.

I don't promise it will be easy but Brenda, it never is, but I don't want to spend my life wondering how it would have been. I don't want to stay away from you. We will find solutions. We will find them together. If you want."

Brenda smiled at him. The circles closed. They hooked up. They soldered and shone. A prayer. A bet.

They took hands. Brenda had no intention of asking him anything else. SHe didn't need it. They walked in the rain. Together.

"Are we going to Ecuador before casting starts?"

She smiled. SHe nod yes with his head. Yes to everything. Yes to him.

"And then let's go back here, home." Dylan said "i really missed you"

I love you.

End of first part. I have  a second part but I don't know if you like to read it, please rewiew and let me know your feelings about this story and if you want me to go on. Love.