𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Lëy'la-" Neteyam quickly gets himself off Ao'nung, pushing him back.

"I- um- sorry" Lëy'la utters, being truly shocked, "I should go."

"No wait, let me come with you" Neteyam says.

"I just.. oh Eywa" Lëy'la says before letting out a gagging sound, "just.. oh my."

Ao'nung lets out a soft chuckle.

Neteyam glares at him, muttering to him, "this is not funny!"

"Oh this is hilarious" Ao'nung replies.

"I mean I knew you liked each other, I just-"

"You didn't know we spend our nights together, making out?" Ao'nung cuts off Lëy'la.

"Yeah. That" Lëy'la replies.

"Lëy'la, it's not what it seems. I just-"

"Not what it seems? What is that meant to mean?" Ao'nung stood up immediately, after hearing Neteyam say that.

"Look. If you want to do what.. what you were just doing, at least do not do it where someone will easily find you. Do you know how much trouble you can get into? How much trouble I can get in to" Lëy'la says.

"But why would you get into trouble?" Ao'nung asks.

"Because he's my brother. I'm meant to be looking out for him. Imagine if I was your mother, Ao'nung. She wouldn't just stand here, she would skin you alive" Lëy'la says.

"Skin me alive? What?" Ao'nung looks at her confused.

"I just.. oh Eywa" Lëy'la says again, putting her hand above her head.

"And you. What do you mean it is not what it seems?" Ao'nung turns to Neteyam.

Neteyam stood quietly, not knowing what to say.

"I need to leave" Lëy'la whispers, turning around and walking away.

"Just why? Eywa, why? Why me?" Lëy'la mumbles to herself as she's walking away.

"I was just.. I was afraid of the way my sister was to react Ao'nung. That is all" Neteyam looks at him.

"Are you.. embarrassed?" Ao'nung asks.

"Yes! I mean.. she's my sister! Anyone would be embarrassed if their sister found them making out with someone" Neteyam replies before slapping the palm of his hand on his head.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lëy'la is walking back, near the sea.

"I just.. I can't believe it. I mean, I knew they liked each other, but to that extreme?" Lëy'la mumbles to herself as she's walking, with her head down.

"It is like I meet you here every night" she hears a familiar voice, causing her to look up.

Her eyes soften, before she speaks, "Rotxo.."