𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"What is that boy playing at?" Ao'nung whispers, as he takes a glance at Lëy'la, who was now fast asleep.

"He is hurting, Ao" Neteyam sighs, "this is the unfortunate result of it all."

"I understand he's hurting, but it's not Lëy'las' fault for what he went through" Ao'nung responds.

"And I know he doesn't think that either" Neteyam responds.

"Doesn't act like it" Ao'nung shrugs, "..I've never seen her cry like that before."

"Things must have got heated. We will sort this all out on fresh heads. Tomorrow" Neteyam responds.

"Sure. But, I should check on Rotxo" Ao'nung sighs, "he is probably not feeling very good about himself after all this."

"Good idea" Neteyam smiles at him, feeling proud that Ao'nung was not to act rationally.

"Maybe I should tell him to fix up too" Ao'nung added on.

Neteyam's proud smile dropped to a straight frown, as he stopped Ao'nung from leaving to get the last word in, "do not. Remember, he is hurting too."

Ao'nung nods, "you're right."

With a kiss on the cheek, he walks out, whilst Neteyam stood back and watched him walk away.

"Oh Ao, what to do with you?" Neteyam whispers letting out a sigh.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Rotxo?" Ao'nung calls out, before walking in, giving no care that Ao'nung did not respond to whether he was invited in or not.

Rotxo was sat down, his back leaned against the marui walls, as his eyes were zoned out.

"Rotxo, what are you doing?" Ao'nung asks, in a defeated tone.

Rotxo shrugged, "what is there, for me to do?"

"Sort yourself out for a start. You look a mess" Ao'nung blurted out.

Surprisingly, Rotxo admired his honesty, as a smile crept up onto his face, "I know. Everything is a mess."

"I know, you're hurting" Ao'nung brings himself towards him, kneeling down beside him, "but you're pushing everyone away."

"Good" Rotxo responds, "I don't deserve anyone to care for me. To know me, even."

"You don't mean that" Ao'nung shook his head.

"No, Ao'nung, I do" Rotxo looks at him, "the day she died, I died too."

"Rotxo..."

"She was the only family I had that cared about me, and she was taken away. Just like my father. It is clear, that I do not deserve to be cared for" Rotxo let out a sob of frustration.

"If that were true, then I'd clearly be a ghost" Ao'nung shrugs.

Rotxo looks up at him.