𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

As Lëy'la is walking to her Ikran, she hears her name being called out.

"Lëy'la! Wait!"

She sighs and stops, turning around to see Ao'nung walking towards her.

"I'm leaving, Ao'nung" Lëy'la says.

"Leaving? What?" Ao'nung looked at her puzzled.

"I'm going home. I don't belong here" Lëy'la replies.

"Lëy'la.. come on, we can work this out. Everyone's emotions are just heightened by everything, but we can work this out together. We are both on the same boat."

Lëy'la shakes her head no, "I don't want to work anything out Ao'nung. I just.. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to go home and I'm going home."

She turns around, to see Eyza flying and gives her a call.

"So.. what does this mean then?" Ao'nung asks.

Lëy'la turns around to look at Ao'nung, "look after Neteyam for me. And as for Rotxo.."

She takes off her thigh band, and puts it into the palm of Ao'nungs' hand, "I have nothing I wish to say to him."

Lëy'la then takes the sack as she begins to tie it up to her Ikran, tightly as she could.

She looks back at Ao'nung.

"Surprisingly, you are the one I hated when we got here and now, you are the one I'm happy to have met, leaving here. As a friend, of course" Lëy'la says.

Ao'nung gives her a light chuckle, "you don't have to clarify with me. I know."

"Hug?" She asks him, holding her arms out.

Ao'nung comes to hug her.

"Thankyou.. for staying by my side" Lëy'la whispers, her eyes beginning to tear up.

"I'll make sure everyone regrets the way they treated you" Ao'nung replied.

And Lëy'la had no doubt that he would. She knew him too much.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Rotxo is sat on his own, when his grandmother walks in.

She looks at him, slightly worried.

He looks up at her.

"What is it, grandma?" Rotxo asks.

She holds out Lëy'las' thigh band, "Ao'nung has been around. He said to give this to you."

"I don't want it" Rotxo turns around.

"Rotxo. Do you not know what this means?" His grandmother asks.

"I don't know. I don't even think I want to know" Rotxo replies.

"Lëy'las' gone. She's left" his grandma tells him.