𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Rotxo!" Neteyam shouts as he's running towards him and Lëy'la.

Lëy'la and Rotxo turn around to see him running towards them.

"Neteyam? What's going on?" Lëy'la asks, as shes sees her brother worried, panicking and out of breath.

"Your grandma" he lets out before touching his knees with the palm of his hands, trying to catch his breath.

"What's happened Neteyam?" Lëy'la asks again.

"My grandma? What about her?" Rotxo asks.

He looks up at Rotxo, "she can't breathe. I- I don't know what happened but, she's laying on the floor. And she's unconscious."

Lëy'la and Rotxo both look at each other in shock. As if they were not there just seconds ago.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Rotxo runs in to find Ronal sat on the floor next to his grandmother, whilst his mother was still stood in the corner of the room, facing the wrath of Tonowari's questioning.

"I am speaking the truth. I did nothing!" Elfì says.

She sees Rotxo and goes towards him, cupping onto his cheek, "Rotxo you know I wouldn't do anything to her. Yes I may have lied, and I am really sorry. But I would never do anything to her."

Rotxo pushes her hand away from his cheek, "just get out. I want nothing to do with you."

"Rotxo.."

"Get out! Please!" Rotxo cries out, stop coming to me. Acting like you've been here. You haven't! Just, get out!"

Lëy'la holds onto his hand trying her best to comfort him, but didn't wish to stop him from telling Elfì to leave either.

Elfì sees Lëy'la hold onto Rotxo's hand.

"You've said something to him. What did you say!" Elfì comes forward towards her, before Lëy'la stands her own ground and moves Elfì away from her.

"I've said nothing. I have no place to say anything. Rotxo made his choice himself. He wishes for you to leave" Lëy'la says.

"My son would never turn against me-!"

"Your son?" Lëy'la questions before letting out a scoff, "you left him. So why do you think he's choosing to act this way? Hm? To not acknowledge you as his mother? Because you have never been one in the first place."

Elfì looks to Rotxo, "is that what you think? You think I don't love you?"

"Please, leave" Rotxo walks away from her, walking towards his grandmother who was laying down.

She tries to walk to him but once again, Lëy'la stops her, "do not. You are not welcomed here."

"And who are you to say that?" Elfì asks.

"I am his mate" Lëy'la says.

Ao'nung and Neteyam look at one another, questioning why they were never told, whilst Tonowari stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do as the two women stood and argued with one another.