𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

one month later

"I am home~!" Neteyam sings, as he walks into his and Ao'nungs' marui.

His smile dropped, as he noticed Ao'nung sat down with a frown on his face.

"Heyy. What's wrong?" Neteyam walked towards him, kneeling down beside him.

Ao'nung looked back at Neteyam, "I want a baby."

"Wha-!" Neteyam felt himself fall back, onto his bottom.

"You always do this" Ao'nung sighs and stood up.

"Hey, let's talk about this. You can't tell me you want a child and then walk away" Neteyam pulled himself together, as he got himself back up.

"It's just.. I was teaching on of the young Metkayina's today. I didn't realise until now, just how pure children are. And how great it would be to have one of our own" Ao'nung sighs.

"You realise, neither of us can.. have a child?" Neteyam looked at him confused.

"Yes of course I know that!" Ao'nung slaps his arm, "but, we could always adopt?" 

"Ao'nung.. do you really want to be a parent? Now? We're both young, and we have so many duties to perform. We would barely have any time to look after a child" Neteyam responds.

"You always have to ruin the mood don't you?"  Ao'nung sighs and looks away.

"Yes because you always go through these phases of wanting something we can't have" Neteyam sighs.

"You're meant to agree with me anyways, and tell me about how good of a father I would be. And then I would say the same- ugh. You can't ever be romantic" Ao'nung drops his innocent act, rolling his eyes any turning around.

"Now, that's the man I mated with" Neteyam chuckles with a smirk.

"Oh whatever. Have you checked up on Lëy'la today?" Ao'nung asks, as he comes back to Neteyam, helping him get off his warrior gear.

"I have, yes" Neteyam responded.

"How is she? And Rotxo? Still icy?" Ao'nung asks.

Neteyam nods, "but she understands that he's just grieving. And that it will take him time."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"You're back" Lëy'la gave Rotxo a smile as he walked in.

But that smile went unnoticed, when he didn't bother looking back at her, walking in silently.

"How was your day?" Lëy'la asks.

"Fine" Rotxo responds.

"I made you something to eat" Lëy'la looks up at him, hoping he'd look back at her. Wanting to see his face properly one more time.

"I'm not hungry" Rotxo responded.

"But.. I made this for you" Lëy'la responded.