𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lëy'la sighed as she sat in her marui. It was dark out and she was waiting for Rotxo.

Once again.

Despite all the drama this morning, Rotxo still had his duties to attend to, just like any other Metkayina warrior.

Of course she knew, and understood. But after today, she felt a little lonely then usual.

A lot more upset than usual. Not knowing Rotxo was to change that.

"Hey" he speaks, as he walks in.

"Oh hi" she looks up at him, surprised to see him as if she weren't waiting for him not a couple of minutes ago.

"We should talk" Rotxo says, sitting down.

"We should, but you should first-"

Before Lëy'la could tell him to take his weapons off, and get himself comfortable, she helps as he pulls her towards him, making her sit in his lap, across his two legs.

He rests his head on her chest, both arms holding her from her waist.

"I missed you" he says to her.

She smiles and leans her head above his, "I missed you too."

Rotxo then looks up at Lëy'la, his eyes clearly staring just how sorry he was.

She shook her head no, understanding that he were trying to apologise, "it's okay."

"It's not okay. I'm stupid" Rotxo says.

"Rotxo.. don't say that" Lëy'la looks at him.

"It's only been a couple of days since your family gave you away and already, I have hurt you" Rotxo says.

"You didn't hurt me" Lëy'la says.

"But I did?" Rotxo looks at her puzzled.

Lëy'la sighs, "now I'm going to look stupid.."

Rotxo waits for patiently to explain herself.

"It was Kato's words. That hurt me" Lëy'la says.

"What exactly did she say to you?" Rotxo asks.

"About how we are from two different clans and that.. it wouldn't work out. And I just thought that maybe.. there was some truth" she looks down at her fingers, fiddling around with them, "you are a warrior. And here I'm pretty much.. nothing. So I was afraid."

"Lëy'la" Rotxo called out to her, in a slight tone which told her he could not believe what he was even hearing.

He cups onto her cheek to make her look up at him, "I don't care about any of that."

"You don't?" Lëy'la asks, her heart skipping a beat.

"Of course not. I know you will not want to become a hunter here. Growing up in the forest, helping the people of your clan out to hunt. That is what you had been bought up to do. I would never want you to change that if you didn't wish to. It is hard enough already that you had to leave home. It would be insensitive to ask you for such a thing" Rotxo says.