𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The second day had gone by, where Jake's children had become worried about his whereabouts, after he had taken off with not a word being told to them.

Despite his oldest, Lëy'la, not thinking much of it, her younger siblings continued to show their concern quite un discreetly, constantly asking about his whereabouts.

Yet both, Neytiri and Lëy'la had assured them that Jake would return.

Return with someone amazing.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Where are you going?" Rotxo asks.

"To help my mother out with Tuk. She's only just gotten better" Lëy'la responds, without looking back at him.

Despite the fact that they continued to share the marui with one another, the distance between the two was very much visible.

"But I took today off. I thought maybe.. we could spend time together?" Rotxo asks.

"Maybe another time" Lëy'la sighs as she walks out, giving her mate the cold shoulder.

Usually, by now, she'd wish to be cradled into his arms, delighted by the fact that he is trying to make it up to her.

Yet something was not clicking.

She felt as though her heart had become firm, with much harsh feelings, as she continues to remember Rotxo's horrible words to her constantly, not being able to find a way to just let it go.

As she walked out, continuing to walk towards her parents marui, Rotxo followed after her.

"Lëy'la, do not walk away from me please" Rotxo pleaded, trying to catch up to her.

"I told you, I'm busy" Lëy'la replied in quite a harsh tone. Something she didn't know she could have.

"I'm sure your mother wouldn't mind us being together" Rotxo caught up to her, holding her from her wrist, before turning her around.

"Rotxo I said I'm busy!" Lëy'la shouts back, before falling quiet in front of him.

"I know, that you are mad at me. And you have every right to be Lëy'la but we are adults. Can we please, talk this out?" Rotxo asks.

"There is nothing to talk out. I'm fine" Lëy'la responds.

"Zen come back!" Lëy'la hears Neteyam shout, causing her to turn around when she notices Zen running towards her.

Before he could accidentally bump into her legs, Lëy'la then lifted him up.

"The mighty warrior Zen!" Her stiff expression turned into a smile, as she lifted him up.

"I swear, maybe I made a mistake trying to practice for children" Neteyam walks forwards Lëy'la, completely out of breath.

He then looks ahead, finding Rotxo looking ahead at Lëy'la, almost desperate that she'd give him some attention back.