𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"You mated with my son?" Tonowari says, as he looks at Neteyam.

"Sir, I can explain-"

"We mated with each other, father. One way or another.. you will just have to learn to accept it" Ao'nung says.

"So.. you've been in love with another boy?" Ronal asks.

Ao'nung nods.

"Oh Eywa" she whispers in disbelief.

"Why is that so shocking? I'm not allowed to love someone because he's a boy?" Ao'nung ask.

"It is not that we have anything against it. But you are to become Olo'eyktan one day, Ao'nung. And beside you, you will need a Tsahìk. Neteyam can not.. he is not fit to complete that roll" Tonowari says.

"If I become Olo'eyktan, Tsireya will become the Tsahìk. And we will work together. But I am not going to just leave him" Ao'nung holds onto Neteyam's hand.

"And to think we were to promise you to his sister.." Tonowari whispers.

"I'm not sorry. My heart wants what it wants" Ao'nung says.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"So you knew about this?" Neytiri asks Lëy'la.

Lëy'la nods, staying quiet. She wasn't sure whether her mother was angry or relieved.

"Lëy'la why didn't you say anything to us?" Jake asks.

"Because Neteyam.. he didn't want me to tell anyone. I couldn't- it's not my place to say" Lëy'la replies.

Neytiri and Jake both look at one another.

"So what now?" Jake says.

"Well it has been done. They are mated. There's nothing else left for us to do" Neytiri shrugs. 

Lëy'la looks up at her parents, "you're not.. mad at me?"

"No of course not" Jake says.

"We just wish we were told a little earlier" Neytiri adds on.

"I don't know how neither of you saw it. It was so obvious" Lo'ak laughs as he takes a bite of a piece of fruit.

He then looks to his parents, "they are all giggly with each other. Every day. Do you ever see your son giggle?"

Jake rolls his eyes away from Lo'ak, shaking his head as Lëy'la lets out a little laugh.

Neytiri then looks to Lëy'la.

"So what about you?" She asks her.

"What about me?" Lëy'la asks.

"Your sister Kiri.. she tells me that you like someone else" Neytiri says.