Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

•Megan•

Once Liam left the room with my mom I stayed on my bed staring at the wall confused as ever.

My mom and Mr. Steel had sex before I was born? My teacher is my dad and he was in witness protection. It took a while for me to process it, but I'm not mad but I'm confused and disappointed. I feel left out of the business I guess.

There was a knock on my door but I didn't answer. I wasn't going to answer, I didn't feel like talking. I just needed some time to think about all of this.

The door creaked and I didn't dare to look at who was entering. I knew it wasn't Liam because knowing him, he'd just walk in the room and not knock.

"Can I chat with you Megan, please?" Mr.Steel asked.

I didn't say Yes or no.

"Please, I know you'd probably not want to talk with me or it might feel awkward or some shi- excuse me, something but just hear me out okay?" He asked.

I decided that it was useless to stare at my wall and not talk about it. So I agreed.

"Okay." I turned my body in his direction.

"I know it's weird to know I'm your father and all, but its not my fault that I couldn't tell you," he spoke "it's actually nobody's fault really."

I sighed, "How did you even witness a murder, and what murder, and where was you at, and why did you tell freaking Liam and not me!"

He rested his hand on his forhead and sighed heavily before looking back up to me.

"I was coming back from work and I had a late shift, back then I worked as a manager at some fancy restaurant that I forgot about but we earned a lot of money-" I cut him off because I realized he was going off topic.

"Answer my question." I mumbled.

"Oh sorry, so anyways I had to stay in till about 11 p.m and Once I left, in the parking garage I heard gunshots and people screaming. I hid behind a car so they wouldn't see me but it was too late, his partner in crime seen me so I ran dodging the Bullets by running zig zag and I managed to escape and go to law enforcement. " Mr. Steel explained.

I shivered at the thought of that but I left it alone. I just wanted to know who 'they' were.

"Who were they?" I asked him.

He hesitated to answer and I came tell that it was a bad thing. Usually when people hesitate, well sometimes atleast in my world to tell me something it's usually bad. So to be honest, I was kinda nervous about who he was about to say.

What if it was a terrorist or someone from those Most Wanted shows.

"The Wrangle Brothers." He muttered.

I heard what he said.

The Wrangle brothers, they were on the top 3 most wanted lists since 2000. They've been accused for killing the president (this is completely made up so ya). They've also robbed 3 banks and killed 10 cops and never been caught till last year. But if they were caught last year why am I just now finding out that Mr. Steel is my dad?

"Wait, so why are you showing up in my life now?" I asked him.

He got up from some random chair that was in my room and sat next to me in my bed. I scooted over a little bit because I felt uncomfortable.

"Because Megan, we wasn't sure if it was safe yet. But thankfully now it is." He smiled.

I didn't smile back. You'd think I would but I am not happy. I don't even think this is a time to be laughing. All I want in my life is peace, fun, no drama but that's all I had this whole week.