Armourer's arsenal

The following morning...

We woke up, took our weapons (bows, swords, axes, and many others), and slowly decided to start our journey.

In addition to the daggers, I used my bow and arrows, which were a gift from my younger brother as a thank you for saving his life.

"Where did you get that bow?" Kili wondered, as he was intrigued by the uncharacteristic appearance, it was inspired by dragon wings.

"A gift from my brother," I replied.

"Brother?"

"Half-brother. We have the same mother, but different fathers. He had it made for me for saving his life."

We arrived at the horses, well, especially the ponies the dwarves rode, the only one who had a big horse was the grey wizard. Feon was not among them, but I knew he would appear.

"Where is your horse?" Dori wondered. 

"He's coming."

"He's coming?" wondered the other dwarves, except Thorin and Balin.

"I ride a winged horse. I will accompany you on foot until he arrives."

I walked beside Thorin. Along the way, the dwarves began to bet on whether or not Bilbo would come. I believed in him, so I bet he would come.

Slowly we started off, and I could hear footsteps in the distance, approaching us quickly.

"WAIT, WAIT!"

It was Bilbo Baggins.

"I signed it," he added breathlessly. I picked up the contract myself to check for accuracy.

"Everything seems to be in order," I spoke, tucking it into my coat, "Welcome, Mr. Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a pony," Thorin echoed and was about to ride off, only for his horses to pause as there was a horse whinny that neither of the ponies the dwarves were traveling on made. I pulled a green apple from my pocket and offered it to my horse as soon as he trotted up to me.

He flapped his wings gracefully, took the apple, and let me mount. The dwarves were obviously impressed.

"They don't call me a winged horse rider for nothing," I informed them, and Feon immediately took off at the head of the expedition.

"Hey, Eruwen," Gloin spoke up after a moment, tossing me the purse he owed me. I trusted Bilbo to come.

The journey continued until it had to stop for the hobbit.

"Halt," he spoke loudly. Stop, we have to go back."

"What on earth is going on?" Gandalf asked.

"I forgot my handkerchief."

At that moment I reached into one of the pockets by the saddle and conjured up a handkerchief.

"Throw it to him," I said, tossing it to the dwarf behind me.

"Let's go," Thorin announced and took off again.

"You'll have to do without handkerchiefs, napkins, holiday dresses, and a lot of other things, Bilbo Baggins, before our journey is over," Gandalf began as we rode along a small stream that marked the end of the Shire's territory, "You were born amidst the gentle hills and streams of the Shire, but home is beyond us now, and the world is before you."