The Last One Standing Wins

In the city, we paid tribute to the fallen victors. It was an evening of rejoicing and many open kegs of beer - but for us elves, human alcohol was weak. On the other hand, the elven wine from our forest kingdom would kill off a burly man almost instantly - and it was lucky I had some of that supply with me.

"No pauses. No spills," Éomer informed, handing the elf and the dwarf a mug of beer.

"So it's a game with beer?" Legolas wondered.

"They're called drinking games, Legolas," I spoke up.

"Last one standing wins," answered Gimli and started drinking from his mug.

"Bets?" Théodred asked.

"I trust my nephew," I replied.

"And who is that?" He asked, which amused me beyond belief - I assumed it was an obvious answer, "Oh, I see why you're laughing."

One jug after another disappeared in the hands of the two before Legolas began to feel a gentle tickling in his fingers while Gimli was completely dazed. He managed to amuse himself at the elf's lack of skill with alcohol before he slumped to the ground.

"Game over," Legolas stated.

"Would you like a beer?" Éomer asked me.

"I'd like to," I replied, "although I prefer wine myself."

"What do you elves have to do with wine?" The others asked.

"We have a strong wine that will have you in a state of heavy drunkenness in no time. It's just not for you mortals. Plus, our elven people are considered the greatest wine lovers of all the elven nations."

"Do you have any of that wine?" Théodred wondered.

"I'll get it."

It was hidden in a satchel near Calad - two full bottles. I returned and everyone had a jug ready for them to taste.

"Just a little, gentlemen," I said, and poured everyone a really small amount. I poured myself half a pitcher, "Ready?"

Everyone tasted it and immediately knew what I was talking about.

"That's in a different league," I said, amused.

"How much can you take?"

"We can stand a lot considering that in my brother's kingdom wine is drunk at every appropriate occasion. In one celebration of Moon alone, about fifteen barrels were drunk."

"Fifteen barrels of this?" Echoed one of them, "I want some more."

I gave him a really small sip and in a moment he was incredibly drunk.

One shouldn't underestimate elves.