Lothlórien

My brother gave me one of his trusty elks, for which I was very grateful. 

"He bears the name of Caladanor," explained the king, "and he hears the name of Calad."

Caladanor meant sunshine in Sindarin. 'Calad' meant light and 'Anor' meant sun.

I saddled him and used magic to adjust the saddle and saddlebags to the size of the animal. It was a noble and proud animal, worthy of a king. I sat higher on him than on the horse.

"Where will you go now?"

"To Lothlórien," I answered my brother's question, "the Fellowship of the Ring should be there. I will accompany them for a while before I set out for my destination."

"You want to go to the Isengard, don't you?"

"He deserves to die," I replied.

"Don't underestimate his power."

"I will ask for help from the mighty creatures who are not under his power," I spoke, "I hope."

I set off along the elven path to get out of the forest, crossing the river I had been riding along for many days. It led me to the land of Lady Galadriel. She and her husband, Celeborn, were very wise and powerful elves, and I hoped they would advise me on my plan.

I met good friends, including the elf Haldir. They were all surprised to see me riding a majestic elk and not a winged horse.

Haldir was one of those I would include in my potential book as a lover. Glorfindel, who had sat next to me during the council in the Gorge, would be one of them.

It was one of my father's main arguments when he refused to accept me as a patron. Wizards came from the stars, first the White Wizard and later the others, while I was born in Middle-earth, and my "mortal world desires" were of no use to a patron of Middle-earth.

Galadriel informed me of Rohan and his people who were near my father's tower.

"King Théoden's mind has been taken over by Saruman," she spoke, "he does not know friend from foe."

So I decided to alter my path a little. The King of Rohan resided in Edoras, and that would be my route before I faced the White Wizard.

I spent time in the presence of my friends until the arrival of the fellowship.

The company brought with it some grim news. I learned that Gandalf had fallen in battle with Balgor in Moria and that the reason Erebor was receiving no news from the dwarves was that the dwarves had died. Balin, Óin, and Ori, along with the other dwarves, found the end of their fate in the deep and dark mines.

I sent a message to Thorin by magic. I used the ring he had given me to do so - it allowed me to communicate with him, even though each of us was somewhere else. He didn't like hearing the news, but on the other hand, he thought something similar had happened. I preferred not to mention Gandalf.