The Great Bear

The Orcs were hot on our heels, and Bilbo was tasked with finding out how close Azog's pack of Wargs was. It was impossible to miss the roar of a large bear in the vicinity - I knew who it was, but it was still better to keep our distance, at least if it was that animal.

"Is the pack close?" the dwarves wondered when he returned."Too much, barely five minutes, but that's not the worst of it," he replied.

"Did the Wags pick up our trail?" Dwalin asked.

Not yet, but they'll catch on. We have another problem, though."

"Did they see you?" Gandalf said, "They saw."

"No, they haven't."

"What did I tell you? He's as quiet as a mouse, made of the finest burglar dough."

"Can you listen to me?" Bilbo said louder, "I'm trying to tell you there's something else."

"A bear, isn't it?" I spoke up.

"Y-yes, but bigger, much bigger."

"You knew about the creature?" Bofur wondered, looking towards Gandalf, "We'd better get back."

"And get mauled by orcs?" Thorin responded.

"There is a house not far from here. A house where we might be able to hide," the wizard explained.

"Whose house, friends or enemies?" Asked the leader of the dwarves.

"Neither. He will either help us or kill us."

"Do we have any other choice?" Thorin asked, at which point a loud bear roar rang out.

"No," Gandalf replied, and took off running, the others following in his wake. I mounted Feon.

I knew where they were headed, so I took off ahead.