The Army at the Gate of Erebor

The army was ready. Thranduil rode out on his elk, I sat on my winged horse on his right, and on his left rode the white-maned Bard. I wore my more human form - I wanted to save the moment of truth for later.

The Elven warriors cleared a path for us before we were all at the entrance to Erebor. Thorin fired his bow, and the arrow shattered on the ground a short distance in front of the elven king.

"You'll get the next one between the eyes!" spoke the dwarf.

The brother nodded his head and all his soldiers prepared to fire their bows. The dwarves, except for Thorin, took cover behind the solid walls, the King of Erebor didn't move, ready to fire. Thranduil then raised his hand and the soldiers laid down their weapons.

"We have come to tell you that we have received offers to pay the debt and have accepted them," the king spoke.

"What repayments? I gave you nothing, you have nothing," replied the dwarf.

Thranduil turned his head towards me.

"The debt to the elven king was paid with the white gems of Lasgalen," I said, showing them to him so he could see that it was true.

"You, you robbed me!" Thorin roared.

"I took only what belongs to my brother," I replied, taking on my true form.

Thranduil didn't hide his smile at the sight of the dwarves' reaction when they realized we were siblings.

"We also have this," the Bard spoke up, indicating Arkenstone.

"Liars! It's a fake. Arkenstone is in these halls," Thorin responded.

"No, it's not a fake," Bilbo said, "the gem is real..."

He should have stayed in town but decided to go back to the dwarves.

"... I gave it to them."

Oakenshield tried to throw him off the walls, which the others tried to prevent. Gandalf also appeared, which made the dwarf stop in his intention. Bilbo then climbed down unnoticed and appeared at our side.

"I want nothing more to do with wizards, elves, and the scum of the Shire!"

"Do you want peace or war?" Bard asked.

A raven flew to the dwarves from the Iron Hills.

"I prefer war."

Dáin II, Thorin's cousin, rode in on his pig with his army of dwarves. The elven army turned in their direction. He planned to confront the elves and humans, though his chances were slim - the elves were protected by the spells I had cast during the evening. Blades and arrows could not pierce them.

Elven blood was precious to me, and I didn't want it to be spilled needlessly in front of the dwarven kingdom. Dáin planned to cut my brother's head in two, which Thranduil laughed at.

The dwarves were about to leave, but the ground began to shake - the earth-eaters emerged.