Saruman's Plans

It was Oropher's fear of what Saruman might do if he and his people lived longer in the territory that would one day be mine. The elven paths that were protected by my spells were built in a part of the forest that belonged to my brother.
He suspected that Saruman wanted to become the most powerful in Middle-earth, and I would be his most feared tool.

I grew up with my brother in Greenwood during my second age. Before the War of the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, I gave up my claim to the throne to Thranduil. We discussed the future of the kingdom if anything happened to either of us, and I never considered myself as ruler. Yes, I was comfortable taking orders.

We fought in the War of the Last Alliance under the command of Oropher. We stood on the winning side but at the cost of much bloodshed, including the King and Queen of the Greenwood. Thranduil became king.

The battle showed my many shortcomings, so I decided to apprentice myself to the various elven nations, which my father encouraged me to do. I found that through me he obtained information for his plans, sometimes appearing in person to make drawings.

He was planning another way for me to take the throne - he was looking for a suitable husband for me.

"Really?!" I echoed.

My love of wine and men, regardless of nation or race, spoiled it for him - and I had no interest in kings. I didn't want to rule.

And how could it go on? When that didn't work, he thought of something else.

He wanted to find me a suitable spouse so that I would bear a child that he could turn into his powerful weapon. He liked Glorfindel best. I liked him, too, but this discovery changed my view of our relationship radically. 

I decided to search other sections until I found Sauron's plans, at least some of them, only they were plans that we already knew about or had already taken place. New to me was the invasion from Dol Guldur to defeat my brother's kingdom.

I also decided to look in the spell section and found a parchment about how he created a winged horse.