The White Wizard

Four riders on three horses came to Edoras. I recognized Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, the fourth was unknown to me.

"Eruwen," Aragorn spoke and embraced me.

"The king's mind is free again," I replied.

"Have you banished the wizard's power?" Legolas wondered.

"I never doubted your power," spoke the stranger - it was Gandalf.

"How? You died," I got out.

"I was called back," he replied, revealing his white robes, "but as Gandalf the White." I bowed to him.

"Come, the king will be pleased to see you."

Théoden and his guards were glad to see Gandalf again. They were as surprised as I was to learn that the Grey Wizard had become White.

Legolas retold me what the Fellowship had experienced since I had set out on my own journey. They were attacked by orcs with Saruman's white hand mark. Boromir died defending the hobbits Merry and Pippin, and Frodo and Sam disappeared that day as well.

"We met the Rohan horsemen and one of them had your dagger."

"Yes, Éomer," I confirmed, "I ran into him."

"He mentioned the name Enewur, which is just a misspelling of your name."

"I didn't know if it was wise to tell them my real name. That's how my father gave himself away when he controlled Théoden."

"He said your name."

"Exactly. Now I'm going to check on Théodred."

"Good."

I checked on him regularly because he had suffered many injuries and lost a great amount of blood, which didn't come back right away. I assumed it would be at least a week for a full recovery.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm feeling better," he replied.

I checked his vitals before giving him the soup to eat. I helped him get dressed and headed to the main hall where his father was talking to Gandalf about future plans.

Rohan was expecting an attack and the king decided to move the people to Helm's Deep.