Book Writing

Bilbo accompanied me to the elves. Or did I accompany him? Either way, there was only one place the hobbit held deep in his heart - Rivendell. Yes, it was a magical place.

He was telling me about the book he'd begun to write. He was reminiscing about our adventure to retrieve Erebor and slay the dragon.

"You should write a book too," he thought.

"I'd spend an age on it before I put together everything I've experienced," I replied with amusement.

"You think so?"

"It's a lot," I explained, "it would be a tiresome read."

"Adventures are never tiring."

"Not really, but the plot gets to be the same or very similar," I spoke up, "one side, the other side, disagreements, battle, victory, celebration, a time of peace, and back again. Occasionally it would be interspersed with some pleasant moments over wine."

"You could start by growing up."

"It would be strange if I started with something else," I interrupted the hobbit.

"By growing up among wizards," he continued, "staying with elves, and then I would focus on individual battles and adventures."

"Plus, the main character is still the same. It could use some change."

"Nonsense!" Bilbo exclaimed, "You are a wonderful character. Half-elf, half-witch."

"A dragon slayer, a rider on a winged horse," I continued, "someone who aspires to be the patron of Middle-earth and only failed to become one because of her own father."

"Don't be so negative," he admonished me, "you've had many wonderful adventures."

"There needs to be an ending. Something spectacular," I mused aloud, "I'll let the character die in battle."

"Is that all you could think of?"

"She could be eaten by a dragon," was my second thought.

"You're a dragon slayer!"

"She'll marry someone and that'll be the end of it," I said and started laughing.

"What's so funny about that?" The hobbit wondered.

"Just to have someone who wants to marry me."

"As I recall, there has been no shortage of interested people."

"That's true. Just the list of my lovers would be pretty long."

"That wasn't something I needed to know."

"But you brought it up," I responded.