The Eve of the Battle

They weren't hard to find. The camp, where Rohan riders from all over the area gathered, was spread over a large area. But I expected more warriors than six thousand. I sat on Calad while Feon flew above us, leading a flock of birds.

"Eruwen?" Aragorn spoke, "How?" He asked as Feon landed next to me.

"My father has been writing everything down," I replied as I jumped down from Calad, "and it's really him," I added as I pointed to his scar.

The others appeared as well.

"I also used the birds," I explained, pointing to the black birds perched in the trees, "and I have something you might like. Gimli..."

The dwarf reached me.

"... for you, I have here a hammer light in the hand but hard as a rock and strong as a dragon."

He immediately went to try it out. He hit a tree and it fell to the ground. Unfortunately, some of my flock of birds were sitting on it, so they had to move to another tree that they hoped would stay in the ground.

"I'll pass on that," he remarked.

"Legolas, I have a bow for you that doesn't need arrows."

I conjured the spell on my bow with my father's help, and it wasn't hard to do with parchment.

"Aragorn, I found a helmet in the tower that belonged to Isildur," I explained, handing it to him.

To Théodred, Théoden, and Éomer I gave the elven swords I had discovered in the tower. He was experimenting with the weapons as he was trying to make one of the most powerful ones.

Both Théodred and Éomer decided to try their swords and I joined them. I was ready for battle.

"What did you actually learn in that tower?" they wondered.

"A lot," I replied, "My father wanted to be the most powerful and planned to use me as his most dangerous weapon, only I started behaving in a way he didn't want me to," I explained.

After training, I went to rest. Éomer brought me food and sat down with me.

"Ready for battle?" Théodred echoed, joining us.

"Ready as ever," I replied.

After eating, I headed to the tent they had set up for me. I lay down and decided to rest. The two of them joined me as I was quiet and peaceful inside - thanks to the magic, we weren't disturbed by the events outside.

In the evening, Elrond appeared to present Narsil, Elendil's sword, to the rightful heir to the throne of Gondor. He suggested that he wake the army slumbering in the mountain where we were stationed.

"Won't you come with us, will you?" asked Legolas, who intended to accompany Aragorn with Glimli.

"You can do it alone," I replied, "the Rohan army will need me more."

They got ready for the journey and set off.

"Why are they leaving on the eve of battle?" wondered some of the soldiers.

"He is leaving because he must," I replied, "he is going to ask those who dwell in the mountain to fulfill their promise."

"Promise?" Éowyn wondered, "Who resides there?"

"The accursed army. The men of the mountain once swore an oath to the last king of Gondor that they would come to his aid when needed. But when the time came, when Gondor was in desperate straits, they fled and disappeared into this dark mountain. Isildur cursed them never to rest until they fulfilled their promise."