Azog the Defiler

"What the hell was that?" Dwalin said.

"That... is called... magic," I replied breathlessly.

"You're bleeding," Thorin spoke up.

"Yes, I know. It's a side effect of the powerful spell."

Gandalf began to count us all, and we realized that Bilbo was missing. The dwarves began to argue about who was supposed to be watching him before Thorin came up with his own theory that he was homesick and had left.

I listened to the scenery and heard breaths in and out behind a tree.

"... He's far away," Thorin finished his thought.

"You're wrong," I responded.

"What?" Gandalf asked.

"He's here," I replied, and the dwarves immediately started looking all around them, "he's behind the tree."

Bilbo knew there was no point in hiding any longer, so he came out of his hiding place.

"How did you know he was there?" wondered Kili.

"We elves have excellent hearing," I explained, feeling better now, "I heard you, Bilbo, breathing loudly."

"How did you manage to avoid the goblins?" Fili spoke up.

"Does it matter?" Gandalf echoed, "He's back."

"It matters," said Thorin firmly.

I couldn't help but notice something round and small in size and made of gold that Bilbo had put in the pocket of his breeches.

Bilbo explained how he'd run into Gollum as they were doing riddles, and that he'd won by asking what was in his pockets. It was an admirable story.

"Why did you come back?" Thorin asked after the end of the story.

"You have doubts about me and... and you always have. I really think about the Shire. I miss my books and my chair, my garden... Yes, that's where I belong... that's home. That's why I came back, because... you don't have it, home, it was taken from you. I want to help you get it back," Bilbo said, catching Oakenshield off guard.

"I don't want to interrupt this pleasant moment, but the goblins weren't our only problem," I spoke, and we heard Wargs howl.

"So that's what I call-" Thorin began.

"Out of the frying pan into the fire," Gandalf finished, and we all took off running. I spotted Feon in the sky.

We kept running, only to be caught up by the three Wargs we'd managed to kill. But there was an unpleasant fact, we ran to the end of the path. There was a great view of the surrounding area, but the fall down would be long and the impact fatal.

"Climb the trees! Come on, climb! Bilbo, you too!!!" shouted Gandalf.

I climbed the tree that was almost at the very end of the cliff. I climbed high enough to have a view from there, while still being at a good distance from the Willows, who could jump high up.

I aimed at another Warg and hit my target. Two more Wargs didn't escape my arrows before the rider on the white Warg, Azog the Defiler, appeared. Thorin looked like he saw a ghost.

After a moment, Azog gave the order to kill us all except Thorin, whom he wanted to kill himself. The Wargs started jumping on the trees. One Warg was jumping on the tree where Gandalf and I were, I drew an arrow and hit the target. I wasn't always able to kill them with the first shot, some I had to shoot several times.

The Wargs managed to uproot one tree with its roots and it fell on another tree and another tree until only the last one remained in the line. There were still too many enemies for me to kill them all with arrows, so I resorted to using other weapons. I pulled out my two daggers and threw them at the wargs - both wounds were fatal. I pulled out my sword and planned to jump down.

"What do you want to do?" The dwarves echoed.

I found myself on the ground, the sword glowing blue in my hands. The wargs ran towards me and I began to show off my sword and dagger skills. I managed to split one of the Warg's mouth in two.

Gandalf helped me by throwing a flaming cone to the ground. The wargs began to retreat from the fire, especially when the others joined in throwing cones. This way, the fire separated the path between us and Azog, but it was still not triumph. The tree was beginning to collapse, but fortunately, it didn't fall completely.

"Mister Gandalf," I heard Dori say, barely holding on to the branch, his brother Ori was holding on to him as well. Gandalf held out his staff, which the dwarf grabbed onto.

I ran over to them and helped them climb out. My ears missed Thorin, who rose with a plan of revenge on the pale orc.

Thorin was no match for him. He ended up on the ground, and the white Warg bit into him. Dwalin wanted to help him, so I ran to him, reached out, and pulled him up.

Wargs threw Oakenshield on a hard piece of stone, and Azog ordered one of his orcs to cut off his head. What surprised him was Bilbo, who jumped on the orc and killed him. With his sword, he then stood in front of Thorin, who just lay helplessly and didn't move.

"Kill him," Azog spoke, and I appeared at Bilbo's side, sword in hand. We were joined by the other dwarves as well as we could - Kili, Fili, and Dwalin as well. 

The sound of great eagles - Gandalf's friends - began to carry through the sky. They flew to our aid - they were picking the orcs out of the way.

I ran to Thorin, took him in my arms (I hadn't forgotten his sword), and waited for Feon to come running up to us, which I mounted. I pulled Athelas out of my pockets, which I put to Thorin's wound, and began the elven incantation that was supposed to heal and mend the wound. It worked, he just needed a lot of sleep to recover.

I decided to sleep as well, as I needed to regain my strength.