08|self-taught

So, Kobayashi Aotori, who had exchanged contact information with Hinata inexplicably, closed the book, looked at the chat box on the phone full of trendy emoticons, and blinked.

Should I post more emojis too?
...Forget it, it's so troublesome.

He was wearing loose home clothes, lying on the big bed behind him, staring at the white ceiling, because of his posture, his dark blue hair was parted, revealing a smooth forehead.
His brown eyes are exposed, and his aggressive face always reveals a misleading "contempt" expression inadvertently, although the owner himself never realizes it.

Stretching out his hand, looking at the red knuckles, he murmured:
"It turns out that there will be changes in the body of the two-dimensional character...?"

He quietly closed his eyes, and the appearance of a certain orange head happily standing beside him appeared in his mind, and he exhaled a shallow breath.
What did the words of Coach Washijo and Tendo... mean?

He opened his eyes, his eyes were calm.
It's a pity that other people's suggestions are hard to influence me.
I don't have the ability to change things, I just go one way and play the most ordinary strength, anyway... there is always a "protagonist" to contribute, I just need to remain ordinary.

He struggled to get up, turned off the light in the bedroom, and lay back on the bed. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the densely packed dates marked on the table.
During the period, there was a quiz, and at a time point one month later, the bold red pen made a big circle.
He drew a small volleyball next to the circle.
————
I, Kobayashi Aotori, an ordinary high school amateur volleyball player, recently got an inexplicable nickname of 'Dynamite', and I am preparing for the upcoming volleyball match in two weeks.

...However, what is the situation now?
Standing on the badminton court, the boy held a badminton racket and looked at the excited Tendo and the expressionless Ushijima opposite him in bewilderment.

Goshiki beside him swallowed, clenched the badminton racket in his hand, and stared at the net in front of him.
Although it was a physical education class... But Kobayashi originally had the idea of ​​going to read under the tree immediately after disbanding, and then——
"Aotori-kun~ let's play badminton!"  Tendo and the others stood excitedly on the open-air badminton court and waved to him, while Kobayashi Aoto blinked in confusion, lowered his head and said to Ito Tomoko next to him in puzzlement
"Is this a physical education class for the whole school?"
Tomoko Ito shook her head quickly with gleaming eyes.

——Anyway, although I don’t know why, Kobayashi Aotori is now playing badminton with the volleyball team members who are about to play volleyball with him.

Poor Ito has been overwhelmed by people who came to watch.

Kobayashi looked over and saw the black-haired girl being squeezed out, walked to the open space under the tree and waved to him.

He turned his head and got ready proficiently.
"Hey—! Aotori-kun seems to be very good at it!" Tendo conspired loudly:
"Waka-kun, we have to target Goshiki more!"

Ushijima didn't make a sound, just clenched his badminton racket calmly, his sharp eyes made Goshiki who was facing him tremble, but he still gritted his teeth and straightened his neck.

Kobayashi took two steps back, tossed the shuttlecock in his hand, and then made a move that was once extremely skilful——
"Snapped--!"
The shuttlecock was hit hard, hitting the red heart, as fast and powerful as a bullet, Tendo opened his mouth wide in surprise, but the next moment, the bullet was caught——
"Snapped!"
Ushijima swung the racket vigorously and slapped it back mercilessly.