42|in-depth understanding

"Huh, huh..."

The breathing gradually became heavier. The scraping of sneakers on the floor made a screeching sound. The boys' physical strength was exhausted from hitting the ball with all their strength.

Whether it was the heavy hitting of Kiryu and Ushijima, or the frontal blocking of Tendo and Unnan, they were very tired.

On the contrary, Kobayashi Aotori, who was wandering around both moves, may have maintained his physical strength the best, and the pain in his joints was slightly relieved due to the recuperation.

He glanced at the panting Ushijima, and naturally saw the beads of sweat flowing down his forehead.

Somehow, he whispered to Shirabu:
"Give me a few more balls."

Everyone was stunned, even Ushijima Wakatoshi looked at Kobayashi Aotori in astonishment.

After all, this was what Kobayashi Aotori said when he first came here: "I'm very weak. Isn't there Ushijima when it comes to smashing balls and stuff like that?"

Everyone who was accustomed to Kobayashi's Aotori style of talking and automatically ignored the first half of the sentence, interpreting that sentence as his unwillingness to spike the ball too much on the court, and signalled Shirabu to pass the ball to Ushijima Wakatoshi.

Therefore, Shirabu rarely gives the ball to Kobayashi Aotori in normal games. If several other attackers are not clamped, he usually will not call Aotori to come to the rescue.

Aotori has also been responsible for using his super talent and game experience to block the opponent's attacker's angle during the game, and everyone has unconsciously used such an offensive mode.

And now - Aotori actually started asking for a pass!

Tendo, who was breathing a little quickly, blinked, and a rare gentle smile suddenly appeared on his face.

Is it because he can see that Wakatoshi-kun's condition has declined? Even though his smash has been figured out by the opponent, he still takes the initiative to make such a request...

Are you preserving the dignity of our ace ...?
What a good boy who is not good at communicating, Aotori-chan.

"Hmm... Okay." A bead of sweat fell slightly from Shirabu's forehead. He looked at Kobayashi Aotori with some surprise. He secretly glanced at Ushijima Wakatoshi who was silent and nodded slightly.

Kobayashi Aotori glanced at Ushijima silently and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the other person's acquiescing expression.

...How could I say such a thing?
Now it's really difficult to ride a tiger. Fortunately, Ushiwaka is not an overly responsible ace player like Kiryu who does not allow his teammates to bear any pressure.

...Haha, there's nothing I can do about it since I said it myself...
——I will try my best to be responsible.

So far, the two teams have never scored consecutively, and they have always been anxious based on the state of one point for you and one point for me.
Now, Mujinazaka maintains a one-point lead over Shiratorizawa.

Subaru Hondo served the ball. He originally thought that the ball would be picked up by Shion Ohira on the opposite side, but the next scene was shocking——