22|it's all Ushijima fault

After a long time--
"Why are you running away?" Kageyama Tobio looked at Kobayashi Aotori next to him with a suspicious look on his face.

The latter who was caught heard this, coughed lightly, and pretended to be calm: "What? Did I run away? No, definitely. You saw it wrong."

Hearing Kobayashi Aotori's vague statement, Kageyama Tobio felt suspicious, but he had no intention of getting to the bottom of it.

After all, compared to Kobayashi Aotori, Aoba Jōhsai, whom he will face tomorrow, is even more troublesome for Kageyama Tobio.

Seeing Kageyama Tobio's preoccupied look, Kobayashi Aotori raised his eyebrows slightly. The summer night was very breezy, and his short dark blue hair was blowing in the wind. He narrowed his eyes comfortably.

After a long time, a deep voice suddenly broke through the silence of the night:
"Are you worried about tomorrow's game?"

Kageyama was slightly startled, and when he turned around, what he saw was Kobayashi Aotori's relaxed profile.
He frowned slightly and lowered his head, unaware that his face was full of thoughts at this time.

Chuckled, Kobayashi Aotori put one hand in his pocket and walked slowly beside Kageyama Tobio. He thought that he had not read the ridiculous gossip news, but he did not expect that he had other things to worry about.
"...By the way. I heard that you beat your opponent, the guy from Ohgiminami, to tears today?"

Kobayashi Aotori's expression froze, his brain shut down for a second, and he quickly calculated what the other party meant by 'beating'.

"Hey... don't make me sound like a bully." His voice was filled with helplessness, and the hot gaze from the side of his face seemed to speak.

He coughed lightly, "Are they really crying? I left the court after the game. I don't know anything at all."

Kageyama Tobio was holding his schoolbag with one hand. Standing next to Kobayashi Aotori, he was a few centimetres shorter than the other person. There was a prolonged sigh:
"Really? I saw it on the Miyagi volleyball gossip news updated today."

Kobayashi Aotori's breath froze when he heard the name of this familiar newspaper.
Did it turn out that he had read the report?!

He thought he glanced at Kageyama Tobio in a panic, but he didn't know that in the eyes of others, he looked amused and indifferent.

"Hey." Not seeing the expected reaction, Kageyama Tobio curled his lips.
Daichi and Sugawara-senpai were hiding from him and sneaking around, but he didn't know that he had already read that report.

Although he didn't see the change in Kobayashi Aotori's expression, Kageyama still raised his head slightly and twitched his lips: "You in the picture above are looking at me with disdain."

...of course, I know...
Because of this, he cursed the newspaper a few more times in his mind.

He thought that his expression management was still good, but in other people's eyes, he turned into a villainous face.

Kobayashi Aotori didn't have much expression on his face, but he was beating a drum in his heart. No, he had to quickly change the topic from the report. Even talking about Aoba Johsai would be much better than now.

He said leisurely: "But that reporter doesn't seem to have done enough homework on the volleyball schedule."

Under Kageyama's puzzled gaze, Kobayashi Aotori put his hands lazily behind his head and said slowly:
"He doesn't know that the battle between you and me is separated by Aoba Johsai."