41|anxiety

Shirabu took a deep breath. Fortunately, it was Aotori's turn to serve.

Standing behind the service line, Kobayashi Aotori slowly closed his eyes, raised the volleyball in front of his eyes, and unknowingly entered his inner court again, and his world became silent again.

He could even hear the sound of the wind clearly, and he heard the familiar 'thump, thump' heartbeat again.
It was not only Kobayashi Aotori's own but also the warm heartbeat of the volleyball he held in his hand.
——It longs to fly.

The moment the whistle sounded, the narrow brown eyes slowly opened, and a sharp edge flashed in them, which seemed to overlap with the plain face and sharp eagle eyes in the previous life.

It's really funny... How can the accumulation of two lives be beaten so easily?!

"Whoosh——"

"boom--!!"

The deafening sound was accompanied by a speeding shadow. The volleyball was like a hunting eagle, running straight towards its prey with unimaginable speed and intensity——
Finally, it turned into a loud noise that shook the stadium and then fell into silence.

"Bang——!!" Continuous serves scored.

"Bang!" The ball flew out of the field grazing Unnan's arm.

"Bang!" The ball hit the service line hard and passed through Bishin's interception. No one touched the ball.

In just a few minutes, Kobayashi Aotori had already pulled back the point difference.

The numbers on the electronic scoreboard reached 22:22, and the scores were even again, approaching the match point again.

This anxious scene seems familiar, and the last game not long ago is still vivid in his mind.

The excited audience shouted Aotori's name. This style of play was too violent! They didn't know until now that scoring with a powerful smash is not the most popular way to score.
But one serve after another scored, and the court was completely controlled by Kobayashi Aotori. At this time, whether they were fans of Shiratorizawa or not, they were cheering for Kobayashi Aotori's performance.

Bishin half-bowed his body, panting heavily, and looked blankly at Kobayashi Aotori behind the net. Kiryu also frowned, and he blamed himself for his incompetence.

There was a "beep——" sound. It turned out that Mujinazaka High had applied for a time-out.

This timeout was not only to interrupt Kobayashi Aotori's hot touch but also to allow Mujinazaka, who was already stunned, to recover.
——And to appease Kiryu’s emotions.

It can be considered unlucky for Mujinazaka High to meet Kobayashi Aotori, who has already encountered difficulties with Inarizaki, and has a stable mentality and rapidly developing strength. Even if he does not admit it himself, he is still a talented and hard-working player with many years of volleyball experience.

Even if his talent is as average as he thought, his mentality after dozens of games has already become extraordinary. Just because he can only hear the wind when he serves, he is unstoppable.

Moreover, every victory and defeat was an experience that left a deep mark.
If I have to say it, Kobayashi Aotori is 'bullying' this group of talented teenagers and 'protagonists' in anime with a professional mind.