II

[ATHANASIA'S POV]

I was unexpectedly given a brother. A younger brother.

She was initially perplexed because the lovely princess she read only mentioned two princesses and never a prince.

She even kicked that brother and became protective of him.

There are two suspicious men who came in the middle of the night to serve him and keep the palace—a shining palace—clean.

Because of these two, no one bothered them and no one attempted to steal expensive items from Ruby Palace. Her brother even founded an information guild, which was overseen by the Raon.

The first time they spoke, she asked him who he was.

Of course, they both spilled each other's secrets and had been plotting for a year how to leave the palace without being discovered. Her brother desires a slacker lifestyle—yes, a disease-prone fantasy that is worse than falling in love.

The entire Imperial Palace appears to be protected by a powerful barrier that allows entry but not exit from the palace grounds. Even Choi Han, a seasoned swordmaster, could not easily break through the mana barrier.

There must be something that can help them escape this place soon.

Two similar figures slumped on the couch, contemplating how messed up their lives were. At the very least, they are not going hungry. It would be best if they could live safely until they reach a certain age before leaving.

"Yhan, should we look around and try to find an escape route?" Athy asked her brother.

"We should. For emergency purposes," Ayhan said, dropping the book he was reading and leaping off the couch.

Her brother extended his hand, which she accepted, and they left their room, saying they were going to place. Being a child has its advantages, and it is certainly worthwhile to deceive others. Ayhan continued to hold her hand as they looked around. The palace was definitely large.

While Ayhan calculated how much they needed to leave and how they should leave, Athy attempted to sway all of the maids to her side. Of course, Raon and Choi Han assisted because they have always been with the two of them.

When she noticed the fineries missing from their room, she knew she was not hallucinating. The majority of the people inside the Ruby Palace are of noble blood, but they are not from the most noble families.

It makes sense that Yhan went to great lengths to keep the palace from collapsing, especially since the Emperor has no interest in them or the Ruby Palace.

Ruby Palace is a residence for concubines, and it currently houses only a pair of twins.

I recall Yhan being unconcerned that this was happening inside a book.

Yhan once told him that he had experienced the same thing in another world.

It's... The Birth of a Hero. RIght. He did say that. So this is his second time in another universe with a different setup.

It had to have been difficult. He even had a wealthy but bastard father.

On their way out, they bought some chocolate and Yhan suggested they wash their hands by the fountain. They both looked at their reflections in the water.

"This face is not bad, though I preferred my red hair back then. I feel like becoming that bastard Hyung-nim," Yhan murmured, inspecting every nook and cranny of his face. Except for his dark reddish eyes, he definitely resembled Claude at some point.