VI

This brat's feistiness is genuinely excellent. He really is my son.

Of course, he didn't let his son roast him.

So, let's just sleep.

[CLAUDE'S POV]

He gazed at his smiling daughter and scowling son. Athanasia took after her mother, while his son got all his nasty nature while looking adorably. He'll just let it slide since he's amusing to look at. His daughter is making an effort to mend it all, but his son downright hates him with his being.

"You seem quite the babysitter now, Felix?"

Felix put Athanasia down and laughed awkwardly. He looked at them.

"You're here?"

"We met Mr. White!" Athy laughs.

"Like a constant barker, I don't like him," Ayhan said.

Claude was satisfied with their moves to the point where he couldn't help but laugh. He looked at them.

"A becoming nickname for a constant barker, indeed."

His son's mentality truly fascinates him.

I should put his brilliant mind to better use. It will be a shame for his talent to be buried by his laziness.

[No, daddy, your son adores his laziness, and he is not faking it.]

Of course, he has no way of knowing.

His twins, on the other hand, were both staring at his gold throne.

Do children typically enjoy shiny objects? They are even drooling.

He even realized that his palace's golds were more important to them than meeting him.

[BINGO!]

He can not have them change to copper right now. He stared at them for a long time, then watched them flinch.

The idle talk continues, with Athy being the only one who responds. Yhan just stood there, looking bored. He got to his feet and took them in his arms.

He can feel their chubby tummies through their clothes and says, "You are both heavy." At the very least, he did not have to punish the maids because they were doing their job by feeding them well.

They were led to a special room behind the throne room. It was a soft and comfortable sleeping environment.

"I do not like this," Yhan said quietly. Claude only stood there watching him run away and did not pursue him.

"Come here if you feel sleepy," Claude said, watching his son take the book he had brought with him. There were no available seats in the room.

He watched him climb the throne and settle comfortably there.

He had a secret smile. He's too short and small for the throne yet. However, he looked good in it.

[YHAN GOT THE CHILLS! HAHAHA]

"That song." He looked at his daughter.

"Song?"

Another idle talk, but he just wants to hear it once more. Hearing her song made all my nightmares really go away. It calmed him that day.

He didn't want to scare her, but it looks like she didn't want to sing it to him.

He knows it's the wrong approach, but this is who he is.