XIV

It is unfortunate that his father has become an ardent devotee. Yhan frowns as Claude continues to speak to him as if he has gone insane.

But that is not what the Noble is thinking.

They agreed that he should not become a monarch and that the prince should not have access to the Empire's treasury.

If they allow the prince to handle Imperial matters, they will go bankrupt.

Of course, it played on Ayhan's part, with three different thoughts.

He had no desire to enter politics, become a king, or become a VIP. Unfortunately, he no longer has free access to the Imperial Funds. He intends to loot in case of emergency, but the Nobles are deadly serious about not letting him have them.

Meanwhile, Claude was simply bored and had been playing with his son.

He plans on making his own son a religion.

It'll be amusing to see his own son crying out in annoyance because he made him the official religion.

Oh well...

[CLAUDE'S POV]

So, since the church said nothing, the ceremony is over. He took a step back and walked away, leaving the stunned priests in their places.

"Your Majesty, please wait!"

He looked at them with a chilling stare.

"I do not see why I should stay here any longer."

"But! But... His Highness must live in the Church as the Saint!"

They are trying to indoctrinate his son, are not they?

"I would be useless to the Church," Ayhan said, looking at him. He is still holding the rose gold coin with adoration.

"How can you say such a thing?"

"Uncle Cheapskate told me I could only purify evil things and not do saintly things, and—"

"And?"

"According to Uncle Cheapskate, it can only be used for chaos, destruction, and murder."

It implies that it is the type of power that can be abused.

When they heard that, the priests paled. They did not expect to be unable to use their power to make a name for themselves. They even intended to employ the child.

"Hohoho," said an old priest who looked more like the Pope. "It is only right that his Highness go wherever he wants."

Claude turned to face the Pope.

"The Saint should be standing by the Empress."

Empress?

Everyone looked at the Pope. Only a member of the Imperial Family with the Countenance of a Monarch could be called Empress. A woman wielding such power was unprecedented. After all, only men have ever been named heirs to the throne.

Claude looked at them, bored. He can tell that the nobles and the church are attempting to form factions.

It is either destruction or prosperity that they pave the way for.

He already knew he was doomed after seeing how his son threw away his money.

So his daughter would be their choice. The nobles and the church began debating who should be the heir to the throne.

Claude gave a small smile.

That is, if he does not die too soon.

He has sole authority over the selection of the Heir to the Throne.