XXXVII

"Now, Daddy! I need you to go on leave for a few months and become a real dirtbag." Yhan's brazen idea caused everyone to frown, except the emperor, who wore the same wicked smile as his son.

Yhan's people, who knew exactly who he was, believed they were father and son.

A frightening combination indeed.

They all looked at the princess, who was the source of all the zaniness in this damn place.

Princess, you poor thing. That is their collective thought. She will never be able to marry because of her scumbag father and trashy younger brother.

Most especially when Duke Alpheus' son sent this heinous betrothal letter to the Imperial Palace.

He does not want to live anymore, does he?

"Now then! My shining super-sun of the Obelian Empire. Please grant this lowly one a golden plague for me to embezz—I mean—use it to suppress the senate at your will!" Alver Crossman smiled sheepishly. He broke the tension of the brother and father who were staring at the damn letter out of nowhere.

This role reversal is simply the best! It's my moment to drive this bastard Dongsaeng crazy!

He relishes the prospect of retaliating against Yhan, who threw his money around like a maniac.

Yhan frowned and took a sip of tea.

Ugh. I'm attached to this lemon tea.

He takes out a golden plague and hands it to Alver. The former prince smiled, reminding Yhan how he acted back when he was still Cale Henituse.

"Don't use that for something else, Hyung-nim."

"Said by the man who threw away my money."

"That was to obtain the fire of destruction."

"But you used it again against the Sten and Morg Empire."

"That was for safety purposes."

"You scammed me with ten for a single hug?"

Yhan scowled and stared at them. Alver returned the stare with a sly grin.

"I can not remember anything about that."

"Who was it again? The one who needs 20 more golden plagues just to appear at one founding ceremony. If that is not a scam, what would you call it? You even blackmailed every noble and scammed them out of their pockets. So this single golden plaque is not even 1/10000000000000000000000000000000 of the total value you accumulated from me."

"Argh, just take that. You son-of-a-bitch. Hah!" Yhan sighed and glared at his bastard Hyung-nim. Later, he smugly scoffed at him and even thanked him!

Alver triumphantly exited Garnett Palace's office with his head intact. Ron, Vicross, and Choi Han simply looked at Yhan, who had finally relaxed.

I'll scam the pockets out of this stingy bastard. That's what Alver thought before paving his way to pressure and bribe all the factions in the Senate.

.

.

Duke Alpheus was intentionally putting on all airs while appearing as innocent as possible. He may be a good politician, but his plans are downright offensive and annoying.

Wearing the official Blue Imperial robes, Ayhan and Athanasia decided to attend the current senate, which Ayhan will preside.

Of course, they forced Claude to have tea with Jenette and made him unhappy for having to do so, as if it was a chore. He could not feel any affection for Jenette, and he was certain she was not his. He never had any intimate contact with Penelope Judith, just as he ignored his twins.