XXVII

Athanasia fixed her gaze on the lady and the few people in front of her.

"Your Highness, I have come to apply for the position of priestess."

She frowned but smiled, feeling sorry for her younger brother.

"This is the Imperial Princess Palace; if you want to apply for ecclesiastical practice, go to the Zircon Palace."

The ladies and gentlemen who had arrived at the incorrect palace smiled and stood up. They bowed deeply and said, "May the blessing be with you, Your Highness, the Imperial Princess, and may we set for our faith. Thank you very much."

The legitimation of her brother's cult became the new norm in the palace. If not for the believers, they're lunatics who worship Yhan himself.

"Haha. I wish you luck, brother," she laughed, picturing Yhan being pushed to the corner by his followers.

She looks at Alver Crossman, her brother's secretary, who is crying out for the voluminous paperwork from the Zircon Palace. Apparently, this man suffered an extreme workload after people of ecclesiastical beliefs came to the palace to worship Ayhan. Her brother went ahead and had his own cult.

"You have done well, Count."

"I accidentally served the wrong royalty."

It is too late to be sorry now, Count. You have become Yhannie's lackey.

Athy examines the papers on her desk. The Imperial Palace was divided into three sections: political, state, and internal affairs. Claude divided the work after her debutante. She took over the Palace Management and Internal Affairs. Claude will try to teach her about politics as soon as she gets the hang of it.

"If Yhannie is not the Saint, he may become Crown Prince."

"Pardon me, Your Highness, but His Highness should never become Crown Prince!" Alver sobbed as his hands continued to write. "Obelia is doomed if he becomes Emperor!"

I am just saying he will be Crown Prince rather than Emperor.

But, judging by the fact that Yhannie's workers came to her palace for peace, she knew exactly what her good brother was up to.

Following the legalization of Ayhanism, Yhan attempted to destroy the Cult led by Lophe Strass, but Lophe had incredible stealth skills and was able to elude Yhan's radar.

Someone who is willing to go to extraordinary lengths for his faith.

It is her brother's fault for being so wonderful and the best.

Lilly came in and reminded her that it was time for their tea break.

She accompanied Felix Robane, but her brother was nowhere to be found. Claude appeared content with bullying his own son. He causes Yhan to run around a lot.

"Hello, Daddy."

"Hm," as monotonous as ever. Athy sat down next to him. Claude began to pour tea into her cup and enticed her to eat some more treats. This dirtbag felt bad about ending her debutante in a very bad tone. However, she enjoys it now because there is no drama to contend with.

Claude drank the tea while staring at her.

"I planned on hosting a tea party in the palace. Would that be alright?" She cautiously asked.

"It is fine," Claude said, "because you have authority within the Palace grounds."

Claude appeared to be preoccupied.

"It is about Yhannie, he is busy tracking Bishop Strass," Athy said, laughing.

"He should give up," Claude said.

"What compelled you to create that religion for him?" Athy inquired.

"For you both."

Claude earnestly replied, "as you can see, the palace halls are filled with vermins trying to take control of Politics. They're trying to make you and Yhan to fight for the throne."

"But Yhan doesn't want it."

"Politicians are crafty vermins who can create such a situation where both of you could fall apart." Claude replied. What he's doing is to make a place for Yhan once that situation comes in.

She heard of the oracle that one born with the countenance of a monarch and the other born with the countenance of divinity.

Because a person without the Royal Family's Mana cannot become the monarch, she would be the legitimate heir to the throne.

Yhan, on the other hand, has the option of taking over Obelia.

"That runt is the type to destroy everything in his path for the sake of a useless dream."

Athy could not help but laugh. "Do not dismiss Yhannie's Slacker Dreams as useless; he works so hard because of them."

"Quite ironic, if you ask me; he was born into a family where he can do nothing." Claude sounded like a grumpy old man. Athanasia cannot help but feel sorry for her brother.

"There is no way working hard and slacking around can coexist; he should abandon his idiotic idea of working hard for a slacker life; he should have enjoyed a slacker life rather than working hard."

Even Claude appears to have twisted his words in response to Yhannie's impossible dream.

"You really call yourself my father?"

When Athy turned around, she noticed her brother approaching them. He appeared exhausted after running around so much.

"Yhannie! Welcome!"

"Hello, Noona. You should stop coming to this dirtbag. This dirtbag comes around and destroys my slacker lfie. He will make you an old hag in the future if you keep loitering around him."

"My daughter will live with me as an old hag."

"Oh really?" responds Yhannie.

"I am handsome and I could qualify as a sugar daddy," Claude smirks, looking at his own son as if they are competitors.

"You like that Noona; if you keep hanging around him, you will turn into him."

That afternoon, Athy just sat and watched her father and brother argue like children. They simply cannot function during the day without bullying each other.

.

.

And so...

"It's his birthday," Athy said when she and Yhan walked back to their respective palaces.

"Do we have to celebrate his birth?"

"Aiyooo. You're so heartless."

"Well, we should do what Romans do."

"Bully him you mean?"

Athy just can't understand why boys love bullying each other.

TBC