XVIII

Shoutout to Mimayyuu! For the Darna Request mwahahahhaahahah!

...

"Owie." Athy looks up and notices her brother calmly rising from his position. This brother of hers might sound like an indifferent person, but his actions were all the opposite.

"I guess we're safe."

The earth spears made a strong foundation of the cave, while the silver tree and its roots surrounded them.

"Are we going to die?"

"No... Ron knows what to do in the worst-case scenario."

Yhan sat down next to her. He let her have his overcoat and even hugged her close to him. The cave was cold and icy, and there was no fire, but the diamond lit up the darkness like a starry sky.

"Do you think Dad is going to come?"

"Did you expect him to show up?" Yhan inquired. Internally, he wishes he could see him. Otherwise, he would be no better than Deruth or anyone else in his life.

"Still... He is the only father I have ever had."

Yhan remained silent when Athy said that. He remembered Athy being shunned in her previous life and having to live on her own until transmigration. But his parents died when he was young, and Deruth was not much better. Living with Claude had made him think that, at the very least, he should be different from the rest.

"Sometimes it is better not to mend something when it breaks."

Their family was shattered from the beginning. Living and playing with that jerk is their only way to survive for the time being.

"Family is supposed to be our safe haven, but it is often the source of our deepest heartache. Would you still bet on this, Noona?"

"Do you think it is worth betting on?" Athy asked Yhan, smiling.

They were both deafeningly quiet. They were both aware of their reservations about Claude. Claude tries to kill them while also being a sweet and caring father at times. They simply do not understand him.

Yhan rose to his feet and led his sister to the villa.

"Whether we bet on it or not, we now have somewhere to go if Claude abandons both of us."

Athy was disappointed, but seeing Yhan's depressed expression, she knew there was still hope in him.

A chance to have a happy and normal family was something Ayhan, Cale, and Kim Rok Soo wished for but could not have in their lives.

[CLAUDE'S POV]

His heart turned cold the moment he heard Ron's report. The twins are trapped inside the cave.

"Felix Robane."

Felix went to his knees, sweat dripping on his forehead. Claude's cold piercing voice made everyone flinched. Even Choi Han was on his guard. This immense power and mana, it's stronger than Choi Han's and the warlock.

"What did I order you?"

Felix remained silent. He received a direct order to protect them and yet he failed. Claude steps forwards, unminding the enemies, until a strong blue lightning pierces the sky and rains on the ground.

"You're in my way!" Claude hisses, his voice made everyone tremble.

"It's stronger." Raon, Yhan's magician, spoke, "It's stronger than Dragon Fear."