XXXII

Claude can only struggle helplessly in the face of his uncontrollable emotions—only to beg in vain.

He dreamed of that woman again. He dreamed of two children smiling at him brightly.

His insomnia began to pester him like an incurable disease.

His heart and mind continued to throb with unbearable pain.

Today's the day of his birth.

The tedious setup knocked on his door once more.

He boredly looked at everyone, his eyes wandering around as if he were searching for something.

Only one person dared to ask a question.

"Has Princess Athanasia not arrived for today's banquet?" inquired the nobles who knew the Imperial Prince was away on official business. There is no way the Prince and Princess would be absent. At least one of them would be present to celebrate the Emperor's birthday.

Claude gave the noble who dared to ask a cold stare.

"Right," Claude said, his bored and cold tone echoing. Giving an order that he would soon come to regret with everything he received.

.

.

The moment the Imperial Knights arrived at Athanasia's Palace, she fell silent.

Lilly stood in front of them, questioning why, but...

"The Emperor has ordered that Princess Athanasia be brought to him right away."

Coming to the Garnett Palace without letting her prepare means it's that moment in the novel where Athanasia would be humiliated. It was the same scenario where Athanasia was brought against her will in front of his majesty. She was made to kneel in the most pathetic way.

She did not dare to look them in the eyes. Her expression was icy and solemn.

That is right; Claude does not have to look at him. She should have accepted the possibility of this happening from the start.

However, it did not turn out the way I had hoped. Slowly but steadily, my emotions and feelings as a child to a father played a role. The way he treated me with cold care and cold affection made me hopeful that this person likes me in some way. somehow, even if only a little, he would try to cherish me for a change. I have done everything I can in the hopes that he will spare me.

Yhan was right. She should not have expected things to fall outside of her grasp.

Without a single drop of blood in his veins, he was like an ice sculpture.

Someone who has never called his daughter's name with affection.

She looked at the person in front of her with an angry face but a cold expression. The emperor, on the other hand, only stared at her, emotionless. She did not need to make a mistake right now. She has grown accustomed to being alone; losing one will not make a difference. She didn't even realize the surprised and shocked gazes that everyone has given her.

It was the same cold-hearted emperor from the novel.

So be it.

She won't beg him like Athanasia in the novel she read.

With a cold smile on her face, she looked at the emperor.

A sinner and a wench. He can call her names, but

His mind and thoughts were skewed as a result of the strong words. It is cruel enough to make her ears bleed. She was correct in not hoping.

The piercing contempt. She was so used to it that it did not bother her anymore.