XXIII

Today is Athanasia's debutante. Every maid was on their toes because it was time to make their princess beautiful. They are all rushing to her room when—a godly man with the stature of an adonis greets their gaze. Two little angels slept soundly in his arms alongside that grotesque, ancient figure.

"Hoho," Ron exclaims, flashing the camera on his person. He enjoys photographing his Prince and Princess, but this time it will sell well.

Claude opened his eyes and locked his gaze on them.

"Ah," he says, patting the twin on the back and saying, "Wake up."

Athanasia stirred awake, but Lily drew her away and forced her to take a bath before she could yawn.

Yhan raises his head and sleeps back, but Claude has already carried him like a sack of rice on his shoulders. "You should prepare as well."

It was just the crack of dawn but the Emerald Palace was busier than when there were delegates from the other kingdoms.

Athanasia had been taking a Princess's debutante really lightly.

Anyway, she and Yhan received their most precious gift yesterday. Yhan may not admit it, but he is the happiest of the three. He was the first to fall asleep throughout the ordeal, and he slept while clinging to Claude.

This is Claude's first birthday spent with them.

"Wow, you are stunning, princess."

She looked in the mirror at herself. She knew Athanasia was supposed to be beautiful, but looking at herself now, this is a masterpiece—insanely beautiful!

"Princess, you should be leaving right now."

Yhan made his debut when he was seven years old, and his Coming-of-Age Ceremony will take place when he is fifteen. Meanwhile, a noblewoman must make her debut at the age of fourteen. After that, she will be able to appear in public, share the load that Yhan had been carrying for Claude, and participate in politics if she so desires.

Felix Robane, dressed in his official Knight robes, stood outside her door. He looked really good now that she would see him! His uniform made him appear a little gloomy, but he looks fantastic in his Knight uniform right now.

Of course, Felix lavished her with compliments.

Until—

"Woah, so an ugly person can look bearable as well." Her great-brother is the only one who calls her ugly.

He was wearing his royal gala, with deep red color, and intricate gold all around. He was also wearing a coat of arms hanging on one shoulder and a ribbon with a deep red and blue design. His pants were white with a simple gold pattern and he wore boots that reached up to his knees. His bangs were slicked back and his long hair was loosely braided and tied with a luxurious red tie.

"Woah, you look so handsome."

"Aren't I?"

"So windy."

Yhan takes her hand and kisses the back of her hand. "So, Sister, have a blast with the party."

"Same to you." She giggled and crossed her arm around Yhan's arm. At times like this, Yhan really looked like a proper escort who perfected etiquette! Madam Pompey's teaching has nothing to do with it! Yhan is Perfection!

They went ahead and reached the main door of the Emerald Palace. Yhan was escorting her down the stairs when they both saw Claude, looking handsome in his official dress.

She had never seen Claude dressed so properly.

"Are you sure you're a man with a kid?" She murmured, but Claude had clear ears so he heard that.