XXXIV

Alver was not lying when he said that Ayhan had a more human side than he did in their world. He allowed him to cry until he was tired and fell asleep. He took him in his arms and carried him back to his and the princess' room.

If it were the Cale he knew, he wouldn't cry like this or let him hold him.

But noticing Cale's human attitude and lust for comfort made him smile. Shitily.

The princess focused on him and Ayhan.

"He is fine; he is just tired," he said, smiling. The Royal Family has its own set of issues. Yhan did everything he could to protect his sister. However, a child's body is not strong enough to confront the world.

He laid him down and looked at the princess, who was holding her brother's hand.

"Princess."

"Yes?"

"I know you are sad. You cry and scream all you want. Do not just cry and wallow in your sadness." Alver, who had to swallow his heart back then, spoke, "There is nothing wonderful in swallowing your heart with a stone. You, the people around you, the people you love and hold dear—they will depend on you."

The logic that Alver could not teach himself in their world is: "Don't think it is your fault. None of it was your fault. Everything happens for a reason, and I know your life, his life, are here in this world for a reason."

Cale used to motivate him, but now he will do everything he can to help him succeed.

"Remember, no matter what anyone says or what you thought you would be."

The words that gave him the most encouragement when he was hesitant.

"You are fated to be here."

The princess's eyes widened. He thought this was enough. He expected her to be thinking about what to do, but she had the same expression as my dongsaeng.

The look of someone who refuses to give up.

The gaze of someone driven by a desire to become stronger for his people.

Now I understand why he was born into this world as her brother.

Two broken people wished for something they didn't have.

Family. Something close but foreign to them.

"You should talk about how you are going to address this problem."

"Will it be fixed?"

Alver, who didn't have a chance to fix his own family, said, "Yes. I'm sure you'll be able to do it."

Unlike in his previous life, where they were at odds, Cale—no—Ayhan is not someone to be feared. Neither of the twins looked like they wanted it.

So they'll be just fine.

.

.

When Yhan woke up, Athanasia was beside him. He reached his hand out and flicked her forehead.

"You look ugly."

"Wow, as if you don't look ugly as well," she retorts, laughing as she stares at him. Their hands were intertwined, as they had been since they were children. An older sister and a younger brother are content to be alone without regard for the outside world.

They stood up and got ready for the day. Alver was kind enough to get some clothes for both of them and even made them feel at home. The twins discussed the most important aspect while Alver listened. It is not something that can be kept by itself. They realized they could not keep it to themselves and wait for the worst-case scenario.