XXXI

Claude could still remember the words that Athanasia spoke a few weeks ago. While he had a very frank son, her daughter was just like Diana. Brazen yet careful with her words.

If I answered her truthfully, would I hear more words from her?

He could clearly remember Diana. Their memories are still in his heart, making him live even more.

He stared at the portrait that was being drawn right now. It was something Claude never imagined one of them would ask. If Yhan was present, he'd be roasting him for sure. After that, he was the type of man who did not give a damn about nonsense like this.

And yet...

Just remembering how Athanasia smiled at him in the same way Diana did made him agree without hesitation or reservation.

For as long as she's happy. As long as they're both happy.

It was enough for him. He'll give his everything to make sure they're living a happy life. Even if he would be miserable until the end.

He stared at th portrait being made.

This should be finished before he comes back. It'll be good if both of them open it together.

"Where is she?"

Just thinking about that thought excites him.

"She is at the garden, Your Majesty. She is with the other young ladies."

He looked out the window, but he had an uneasy feeling that something bad was about to happen.

.

.

"Finally."

Ayhan gazed at the world tree that was trembling before him right now.

"Woah. This bastard acts as if he didn't know me."

Cheapskate: Hey, World Tree, it has been a while.

Even though Yhan has yet to act, the world tree has continued to tremble.

Cheapskate: Shall we set fire to the house for the sake of nostalgia?

World Tree: YOU BASTARD!!! YOU BURNED MY ALTER EGO ONCE, AND NOW YOU WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!

Cheapskate: Well. You should start croaking what needs to be croaked right now.

Yhan smirked and reached out to touch the world tree. "Now, give me what I need, or I will burn you again."

The cheapskate enjoyed bullying the world tree, no matter what world it was!

Lucas could only frown as he observed the Imperial Prince's ease in making the World Tree grovel before him. If that were him, he would be fighting the world tree for eons while staring at them.

Why am I even here?

.

.

It's boring when Yhannie's not around, so Athanasia was thankful for the tea parties for the past few weeks. Claude made sure she would make some friends and she did. Jennette was also enjoying her time, although Claude's action towards her was still laced with hostility.

Especially, Jennette was making effort to get close to them. She likes the blue ribbon Jennette gave her as a gift.

I've finished my part of our prank. Yhannie should get home soon. Claude's birthday is just around the corner.

They planned on throwing a garden party for him and doing the prank they've been planning for a while now.

She sat on the chair but when Raven arrived to play, the tea party became a full-fledged affair. The ladies were taken aback, and some were terrified, but Raven was such a good boy!