IX

[AHANASIA'S POV]

She was thankful that everyone helped her, but not when it was the guy who bullied her a few days ago.

Anyway, there's something even more concerning than this black hair.

Her Brother and Father are getting creepy with each other.

Ugh. I should really see a doctor and have my eyes checked.

She wondered when they would be able to get along. Was it when she was unconscious?

She was also taken aback by Claude's sudden change in demeanor. Claude gave the impression that he would never catch or save her, but when he did catch her when she tripped—she was surprised.

"When did you two start getting along?"

"We get along just fine," Claude replied calmly.

"Right?" Yhan asked, tilting his head. He appeared to be teasing her, but he would not be sitting on Claude's lap if they didn't.

"Is the sun rising from the west now?" she asked, looking out the window. When you think about it, this joke is far too long.

Her brother even leaned on Claude as if nothing were wrong!

She had forgotten about the magician, whom Felix had taken outside to rest.

However, she remembered the pleasant dreams she had when she was unconscious. She can vividly remember the beautiful woman who was with Claude. She's so beautiful that it's no wonder Claude would fall for her. Especially her pink-reddish eyes. She looked at Yhan, who had reddish eyes. Raon once said that her brother's eye color changed because of the unique mana in his body. Then, if they were to take it, Yhan would have their mother's beautiful rose-pink eyes.

It will make him a bit girly.

Of course, Claude brought them to bed and had them made a nap.

When she woke up, it was already night. Claude was sitting by the edge of the bed, his back facing them. She felt her brother moving and making a pillow out of her but when she looked at him, he was wide awake.

Both of them looked at their father's lonely back.

He was deep in his thoughts while watching the sullen moonlight blue.

"It is still early, get some more rest." She wondered why she had dreams about the pretty lady only when Claude was around...

She noticed the gentleness and warmth in his eyes.

"I will stay here until you both fall asleep."

Why is he... staring like that? As if his world was made of us?

[CLAUDE'S POV]

Felix stood a distance from him. He was sitting right by his children's side, watching them. The boring moments turned fulfilling. Just watching them sleep made him want to stay never leaving.

With his black magic broken by this incident, he wants nothing more but to protect the children Diana brought into this world.

He still doesn't understand why she went as far give birth to them in exchange of her life.

He still doesn't understand why she choose to leave him for these two.

He understand but somehow, he's still in denial.

"I thought... I wouldn't care if she had died or disappeared at some point."

He thought he really didn't care if something were to happened to them.