VII

Hm. When was the last time I saw this handsome face? I missed this treasury-walking Bank Account for years!

[AYHAN'S POV]

Dark elves typically outlive humans, but he outlived Alver Crossman as Cale Henituse. He was almost immortal at the time, but time is a cruel mistress. He lived for the same amount of time as Choi Han and Raon, but not longer.

"Let us go to my palace then." It would be beneficial for Athy to develop a relationship with this man as well. He is more useful than any other person they could use, and the territory he lived in was ideal for their escape.

He intends to buy a house there soon, but only after determining that he can plant crops there.

Raon and Choi Han followed them. All of the maids panicked as he calmly welcomed Alver into the palace. The documents from the Garnett Palace soon followed, and it was soon just the two of them, plus his sister.

"You sound like another cunning man."

"I am a cunning man," he replied as he sat on the chair across from Alver.

It is here, so it stands to reason that this is the last chance to do some bargaining.

Ayhan drank his tea calmly and looked at Alver Crossman. This role reversal will be advantageous to him.

It is time to exact my vengeance and make this guy work his ass for me!

What a heinous scheme he has devised.

"So, Your Highness, what do you want?"

"Wrong question; what do you expect from me, Young Lord?"

There was complete silence between them. Athy exclaimed briefly before settling down. She figured out what they were up to. They have a lord they can use to get out of here. They will elevate a lord to the position of a powerhouse, capable of protecting them even from the Emperor.

It is the ideal situation.

Ayhan plans to establish Henituse County for the second time, this time through the current Crossman County.

Although some families chose to become subservient to various factions, the neutral families maintained a balance of power. A family with vast land but limited wealth and resources, but leads the neutral house with the common people.

Alver Crossman, you truly are the Common's ruler. Let us make your household so powerful and wealthy that even high-ranking nobles will not dare poke around in it.

"I am sure that his highness wants something from me," Alver said, remaining silent.

"Of course, but given the circumstances, you might need my assistance."

He did not want to beat around the bush, but he should not have struck the conversion first.

"I heard rumors, and the information about Your Highness did not do you justice; you are intelligent and bright for your age, which even the Imperial Academy covets," Alver Crossman said.

"And I am well aware that you are not the County's heir."

"Can Your Highness make me the head of my household?" Alver asked, his lips pursed.

Athy gave him a look. It is a dangerous game, and Claude will not turn away from it. He was aware of this, but Claude gave him permission to negotiate in any way he saw fit. It's as if he's telling him to live however he wants. He took the hint. Claude is attempting to put him in a position where no one can deny him. Of course, as Emperor, he can make it on his own, but he can not protect them for as long as he wants or when he changes his mind.