XXVI

The debutante ended in a very gloomy tone.

"So that is how the nobles tried to do it?" With the exception of the Robane Duchy and a few high-ranking households, they were unaware of Duke Alpheus's hidden agenda.

The Imperial Prince, who solved the problem on the spot, is what made the Nobles fear the current Imperial Palace. The Imperial Prince proclaimed the Ward of Alpheus House to be the Tyrant Emperor's daughter.

"Ugh, why are you frowning?" Alver exclaimed when he saw the prince's expression.

"I really do not want to see your face right now."

"What a crazy ba—ehem, Your Highness, even when you are the first thing I see when I open my eyes, you are the Empire's shining shooting star."

Yhan could not stop himself from cursing internally. So this is how that jerk Hyung-nim felt when I started with that nonsense?

This role reversal is extremely irritating.

"Hyung, you really know how to say something as strong and wise as the sun in the sky," he mocks, earning Alver Crossman a huge frown. Roger Alpheus had never heard anything cursed before in his life.

"As expected, your highness, your beauty that is like the beautiful night sky brings joy to everyone, not just in the Obelian Empire, but throughout the Continent; a lowly noble like myself can only cry in admiration—" Alver pretends to wipe his tears.

"I really do not want to get involved with this," Athanasia exclaimed, her hands shaking. Alver Crossman appeared to be a lunatic, adoring her brother to the point of insanity! The sight of the two makes even Roger Alpheus cringe.

"Neither do I, sister," he agreed, completely creeped out by this jerk.

Duke Alpheus had heard that the Prince has a very reliable aide, but he had no idea it would be the unfavored son of Crossman County! He will not even ask now, because this man wields considerable power in the form of a duchy.

"So, what brings you here?"

Alver Crossman smiles and respectfully looks at Roger Alpheus. He presented him with a piece of paper.

"You're really discussing things with Duke Alpheus in front of you?"

Yhan looked at her sister and said, "Noona, even if his grace knew of this, what would change?"

He wants to bully someone but he never would've thought that Claude would give him Duke Alpheus to play with. Yhan had been egging Duke Alpheus to make his move by deliberately handing him information.

Yhan, like Cale, used this tactic to destroy the Morg Empire.

Ayhan and Athanasia were both looking at Duke Roger Alpheus, who was doing all his work skillfully and flawlessly.

He wants to bully that pricky emperor more than this dog. But there's something wrong with how Duke Alpheus' movements.

The guy with him during the debutante, Yhan, couldn't find him even if he searched the entire palace.

"I kinda feel bad."

"At least, we don't have to worry a bit about it. Jennette was also looking at her uncle, working like a slave for the Prince.

.

.

"I was thinking about how I have such a handsome person like you by my side," Alver said frankly the moment they reached the so-called cult. But it wasn't just any cult.