XI

He can hear his heart breaking.

Breaking—turning into pieces.

Crackling like glass.

He can hear his heart break.

His slacker life...

His beloved PEACEFUL SLACKER LIFE...

[AYHAN'S POV]

It's finished.

My days without that thing are coming to an end.

My silent, happy, peaceful life without that thing has finally come to an end!

That day, I could not help but cry. Why.... Why must it always be Ron?

He's good! When it comes to work, he is dependable. He is the perfect assistant for all my stupid crap—

But—

But—

That IS THE THING THAT FRIGHTENS ME THE MOST!

"Yow, baby brother, what is the matter?" Athy climbed onto his bed, leaving him rolled in his blanket. Choi Han was laughing at him, while Raon, dressed in his magician's robe, had tea with Lucas, who had also stopped by.

"It's finished."

Why is life so cruel to me? I know I have done everything wrong and that this could be my punishment, but can't I just relax without that old man?

With the appearance of the old man, all of his plans for eating and enjoying himself came crashing down.

Athy was smiling at him and even lying beside him, comforting him.

Damn. I desperately need that comfort. I am stuck with that stupid lemon tea for the rest of my life.

He bemoaned the fact that he should have wished for the best.

"I should have wished there was no lemon!"

The nightmare lemon!

"Now now! Calm down!" Athanasia comforted. "Dad's been out of it because of you. Cheer up. Just ask him to ban all lemons or just sign the ban yourself. You are holding the royal seal now, are not you?"

Oh. Why had he not considered that?

However, lemon is one of his company's signature dishes. Especially those sour things that most adults enjoy, as well as candies from his shop.

He can't do that. He'll lose a lot if he does.

Why is my life so complicated?

"Do you want tea, my prince?"

He fixed his gaze on the tea cup and the smiling old man in front of him. He wanted to refuse, but that smile—that smile!

The familiar color.

The familiar scent.

That soury thing that's destroying his peace.

And that smile—so benign smile... gives him the fright of a lifetime.

He got out of bed, drank it, and felt that agonizingly familiar sourness that haunted him even in this world.

"This world is real."

These fucking bastards are real.

Not only did he get the nagging old man, but he also got the vicious old man.

He stared at the cup of tea that he had just drowned in and adorably pouted before returning to his cocoon.

Life. Why are you so cruel to me?