XII

[CLAUDE'S POV]

He could only hold his son's hand tightly while hugging his daughter.

Not just one, but two.

He expected only Athanasia to go through this, but he never imagined his no-mana son would as well.

He summoned all mages, including Lucas, who was able to save his daughter.

But no one can wake him up.

He's losing all hope, and he hasn't cleared things up with Ayhan. He hasn't talked to him yet about Count Molran or apologized for any reason at all.

"You don't need any mages, Your Majesty."

Lucas, who was the last hope for making Ayhan wake up, spoke.

"Call for the Church."

"Church?"

"What His Highness suffers is not Mana's outburst, Your Majesty. It's Divine Awakening. His Highness doesn't have the Imperial Family's Mana but Divine Powers, Your Majesty."

Claude slowly stood up.

"What did you say?"

Obelia has been without a saint for thousands of years because the Emperor of the Obelian Empire is as good as the Saint or the Son of Heaven.

A child born with Divine Power cannot succeed to the throne.

"It appears that the Future Empress and Future Saint of the Obelian Empire will be members of the Imperial Family," Lucas said, respectfully bowing before the Emperor. "Congratulations, Your Majesty; your reign will be one of the most glorious in the history of Obelia."

He turned to face his son and daughter.

This is what the Emperor is expected to do, and he should be proud of it because no one will call his reign into question.

But, knowing that his children will face every adversity if this continues, a part of him begs him not to let anyone near them.

"Ron Molran," he says.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Discreetly go to the Church and ask for a healer. Kill them if it's necessarily becoming a nuisance."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

[***]

Ayhan awoke refreshed rather than groggy, as Athy did. He opened his eyes to see his sister snuggled close to him and their father sitting beside the bed in the chair.

Claude got to his feet and handed him a glass of water.

His expression was solemn. He can not help but sympathize with him.

How do you tell someone that the reason you are sad is because you love them?

This man can never say those words to them, nor can he be completely honest with them.

Ron was also standing by the side, smiling at him as he placed some food in front of him.

Thank god! There is no Lemon Tea!

"How are you feeling?"

He looks at Claude, who is not looking back.

"Is that how you ask your son, who went into a coma?"

"How certain are you that you went into a coma?"

"It is usual."

Claude remained silent. He didn't expect that reply at all. It's as if he's talking to someone who's always suffering.