Chapter 9: Birthday Surprises

Sebastian

**

It was well past midnight when Ominis returned to their rooms, humming loudly and cheerfully as he readied himself for bed. Sebastian lied there, tapping his fingers together before he cleared his throat.

"I take it, the night went well?"

Ominis sighed happily as the rustle of his covers pulled back, "Quite well! It was surprising really."

Sebastian smiled at that, it was a welcome change from the usual shivering mess he was when he returned from a family event. Sebastian breathed a sigh of relief— he had prepared a Dreamless Potion, tucking it next to his bedside if Ominis should awake to nightmares during the night.

"I'm glad," Sebastian said from his bed relishing the comforting air that was reminiscent of their old days before he cleared his throat, "So, um... Weasley?"

Ominis sighed, the cream of his bed sounding as he turned over, "Yes, Sebastian— Weasley."

Sebastian nodded—he never knew. Never thought...and that saddened him. How far up his arse was he that he neglected to learn the small important things about his oldest friend? He had come into this year hoping to make amends with Ominis at least; though Caroline's presence made that goal quite difficult.

"He seems nice?" He coughed, clearing his throat and furrowed his brows—you can do better than that, "I'm happy for you, Ominis. Truly."

There was a long silence between them as Sebastian fiddled with his hands, staring at the canopy of his bed before he heard a soft chuckle across the room, "Thank you— that means a lot."

He closed his eyes, smiling, taking deep breaths— this was a start.

**

Bloody hell.

His eyes twitched as he stared at the canopy of his bed, the soft snores of Ominis floating from the other side of the room. It was the witching hour and Sebastian had yet to fall asleep. Every moment he closed his eyes and let himself be swept away into slumber, that image would appear just within reach before he was jolted awake.

Caroline fucking Rookwood.

She had looked a vision in her dress, the tight top and corset accentuating her bosom and small waist. The bare skin of her neck and clavicle were begging to be marred and ruined with the way her warm honey blonde hair was swept into a soft updo with curls framing her face.

The image should have been the other girl he was taking his pleasure from, and he tried to picture her and that pale blonde greenish hair in that dress, imagined her in his dream as he ripped the corset apart. But all he could see as he neared the peak of pleasure was a waterfall of warm honeyed hair wrapped in his fingers and the green of Caroline's eyes.

He jolted awake, aching— refusing to acknowledge the discomforting strain between his sheets as he evened his breath. Agnes Scribner, Matilda Weasley, Mirabel Garl— nope, Dinah Hecat, Abraham Ronen... he sighed, the thudding in his ears quieting with the chill of his body as he fell back into slumber.

"Sebby..."

He groaned despite the pitchy whine, his hips moving in a steady rhythm into his girlfriend as she rode him. He was focusing on her hard breathing as he drove into her from below, focused on the intoxicating feel of that moment— he hated the grate of her voice nowadays, preferring to silence or stuff it as much as possible during their fuck sessions. Because that's all it was— to him at least. He held no notion of their relationship going further than just dating and finding release in each other, he was here to lose himself, forget the worries and drama of the world. He was not a suitable prospect, that much she reminded him over and over as they did this. And this dream was no exception.