Mio Caro

Caroline

**

Caroline was pouting, her brows furrowing deeper at the sound of Sebastian's quiet laughter muffled in her hair, the shake of his arms wrapped around her form pulling her closer to him. He was insatiable and the promise of dawn and lack of sleep did not seem to deter him from tempting her further.

"Are you really that bothered?" He asked, meeting her gaze when she pulled back to glower at him. She was indeed quite bothered. He had spent most of the night taking care to meet her wants and needs, teaching her about her own body without her really learning about his own.

"Yes— I feel like I hardly know a thing about you," she huffed, raising herself to lean on her elbows. She wanted him—to know everything about him. They had known each other for almost half their life... and there was a longing and need to learn more about him for more than just half of her days.

"Of course, you do," he snorted, "Just like I know you prefer my earl grey more than anyone else's. Or the simple fact that you would prefer dessert before any meal, or the fact that—"

"You know very well that's not what I meant," she laughed with a roll of her eyes, "You're absolutely incorrigible."

"Yes—well, we must match because you're insufferable," he said with a smirk.

"You're impossible," she shook her head looking up with a pointed stare, daring him to challenge her. His brown eyes were twinkling with mischief as his smile widened.

"You're infuriating," he mumbled, holding back a laugh.

"And you're absolutely frustrating," she scoffed.

"You're insistent," he laughed as she gasped in mock surprise.

"You're ridiculous, then!" Caroline let out a peel of laughter as he sat up to run feathery touches down her waist, pausing to let her catch her breath.

"And you're beautiful," he said softly, her eyes widening in surprise staring up at his darkened gaze as the heat rose to her cheeks. The quirk of his brows and smug smile on his face were teasing her, "Don't believe me?"

She knew beauty was always in the eye of the beholder— but to hear him say such things was still new to her. "I'm... rather used to your cheek than the fabled Sallow charm," she rolled her eyes.

"Is that so?" He quirked a brow at her as he leaned in to give her a soft kiss, "Then I suppose I should ease your worries and say you're insufferably beautiful."

Her words caught as he whispered his words against her lips, "And you're infuriatingly beautiful." The trace of her own choice words fell from his lips with an unwavering kiss.

"Impossibly beautiful," he uttered earning her gasp and soft moan.

"So insistently beautiful it's frustrating," she shivered at his nip of her bottom lip.

Cheeky Sebastian was easier to deal with; charming Sebastian seemed too foreign for her—but a cheeky and charming one? The heat that had risen to her cheeks had spread through her as she swallowed his praises. It seemed there were still new sides to Sebastian she hadn't learned throughout the years. And here he was, being ridiculously impossible as he threw his and her words back at her.

Well, the night was still young—she smiled, her thoughts fading as she reached to tangle her fingers through his hair to deepen their kiss, moving to wrap her legs around his waist.