Chapter 11: Frazzled Madness

Ominis

**

He grunted as he felt a hard shove upon opening the door, sighing as he turned to the girl stomping in their room.

"Sebastian's not here," he said plainly as he heard her shriek.

"Don't cover up for him, Ominis! We know that's what you're only good at!"

Ominis bristled, taking out his wand, opening the door wider—the nerve of her, "Funny— I seem to recall you being complicit in that decision."

What happened to her? Did she not remember asking him what good will it do if they turned him in?

She was pacing, throwing papers as she ignored his jab.

"He's not in the Undercroft, the library, or even the Scriptorium! He owes me an apology!"

"Stay out of the Undercroft," He ground his teeth, narrowing his eyes in the direction of her voice, "And an apology? From what I hear, he apologizes to you plenty. And yet what I don't hear about are any apologies from you."

Ominis furrowed his brows as he heard her search their room. The girl's stomps sounded around the room, the cutting sound of her wand ripping the fabrics around and on Sebastian's bed. She was crying, mumbling hysterically as the smell of smoke began to emit from one of the room.

"Why should I apologize for anything? He's ruined my life," she sobbed, "Seeing another girl? How dare he?"

What?

Ominis furrowed his brows at the ridiculous assumption, the scent of other figures hovering near the door, "What girl are you talking about? Sebastian hasn't been seeing another girl."

He might have been a foolish idiot, but Ominis knew Sebastian was not the unfaithful sort. He took any sort of romantic inclination seriously, devoting his thought and mind to one girl at a time— a fact he learned from the crushes and short girlfriends he had during their younger years. Sure— some were only a few weeks long obsession, but not once did Sebastian ever thought to stray from someone he liked and certainly not one during a romantic endeavor.

The reason he gave the other lads, much to their amusement? It was simply too difficult to handle multiple young ladies. The real reason known only to Ominis and Anne? He was a romantic, just like his father.

"That girl I saw him with in Hogsmeade," she belted out, "They were at Steepley's and spent the entire day together!"

He frowned at the sound of footsteps from the corridor, the commotion attracting the other students—he needed to get her out of here now.

"Salazar's balls! That was Anne, you ninny!" He shouted, perplexed at her attitude, "Anne was visiting him for their birthday!"

There were a few snickers behind him as the students, like Imelda hung behind to watch the mess play out.

What happened to 'thinking of Anne' and the terrible thought of taking her own brother away from her'?

"Anne?! Anne doesn't care for him! She hasn't even visited him or returned his owls! And who's been there for him? Me!"

Ominis scoffed, "Sebastian hasn't seen Anne in years— and they finally had a chance to connect. Aren't you happy for him?"

The sound of shattered glass hit the doorway past his ear, "He's happy with me! She's going to hurt him again!"

He froze at the unhinged, poisonous reply that spilled from his lips, a wave of horror washing over him. Was this what Sebastian was hearing from her all these years?