Part 12

Arnav: Khushi talk to me.
Khushi (Without looking at him): Just drive the car .
Arnav: (Sighed): First look at me.
Khushi( Angrily turned around): I said. JUST DRIVE THE CAR!!

She screamed aloud in anger..! He could feel her frustration, But did he care. ? He got down the car and also dragged her out. She was not sure what he planned to do . He threw the car keys in the bush at the sides of the road. She was shocked.

Arnav: Now .. TALK TO ME!!

This was heights!! He lost his car keys on purpose.? How was she supposed to get back home now? She rushed towards the bush to check if she could find the keys but no luck.

Khushi: You? you dropped the keys? You lost it? On purpose?
Arnav: You didnt leave me a choice either. I dont know how much you have researched over me girl but let me give you some free advise. I dont like people offending me. And neither do I accept unneccessary attitude from them. I hope now you have realised, talking to me was much easier than spending the whole night on the road with JUST ME alongside.

She fumed. He had no idea what he was doing. She returned back to him.

Khushi: You got to be kidding me Mr Arnav Singh Raizada. You dont like people offending you but you can offend them whenever you like? You dont like people to show you their attitude but you dont leave a chance to flaunt yours. I dont know how much you know about the culture of this country, but you cannot make a girl stay close to you when she strictly doesnt like it. You are mad because I danced in the Casino, fine. But God has not given right only to you for such activities. I am equally mad at you for everything that you keep forcing me for. Who will apolozise for that? Forget Apolozising , you are not even concerned about my family. What will I tell them if I dont return back home on time?

Arnav: You dont have to worry about that. I will ensure no one shouts at you.
Khushi: How? By bullying them? Or by blackmailing them just like you blackmail me all the time?

Sweat beads formed on her face because she was really angry and was shouting loud at him. How could he not concentrate on her expressions when the beads made her look so beautiful? He wiped off a drop of sweat bead from her forehead.

Arnav: You are burning some kilo's girl. Chill.

She shoved his hand off her face. He was so shameless. Here she was scolding him and he was still making fun? She turned around folding her hands in the front thinking the possible ways to get back home. He gently moved before her.

Arnav: Want to go home ? I can drop you. Just apolozise for dancing there at that Casino.
Khushi: Excuse me ? Apolozise? You should do that. For forcing me at that place and then almost injuring a drunk man only because he flirted with me.
Arnav: Dont fuss Khushi. I could punish you for dancing like that. But I am not doing it. No one has the right to eye on my property, especially that Aryan Roy..
Khushi (frustrated): Property? You take me as your property ? Thats so disgraceful. I am a human being Mr Raizada. Not something which you can claim to be yours .
Arnav: Whatever you are, you are MINE. And no one else has the right to see you the way I see. Get that? And everyone who doesnt follow this will be punished. Mind you Miss Khushi Gupta, I am worse when it comes to punishment..

She was full of anger but he was scaring her too with his confessions.

Arnav: So? Apolozise!!

He wanted her to do this because that will be the first step he will start controlling her life from now on. He cannot let her rule him, nor will he allow her to Leave him. Khushi was fuming. Apolozising to him was like suiciding. Why will she bend before his demands? Only because he was powerful? "Do hell with that power", thats what she wished to say and leave the place but she knew she cannot reach home without a vehicle, without his assistance. She gulped her anger down , giving up.

Khushi: Sorry.
Arnav: Loudly Miss Gupta.
Khushi: SORRY . (She screamed)
Arnav patted her cheek once.

Arnav: Thats like my girl. Now get in the car!! (he ordered)
Khushi: Car? But you lost the keys.

Arnav removed the keys from his pocket and waved it before her giving a winning smile.

Arnav: I keep spare keys. I know my anger. However mad I may sound you, I still think wise before I act. Get inside.

He and his ways of handling things were really stupendous only if he could understand her point of view too.

************

2 days passed. Luckily Khushi had skipped the questions of her family about the group study with Payal but she was been caught by Payal the next day when the family asked her how the studies were going. Thats when Khushi had to tell Payal about ASR and everything from the start to end. Payal was beyond shock. She just prayed that Khushi doesnt mess it up one day in her way to come out of it.

As usual Khushi was cooking in the afternoon when Arnav called her. She could not ignore his calls, that was his strict warning. She answered it hesitantly and the conversation began.

Khushi (On call): I told Payal about you.
Arnav picked another file to read.

Arnav: Okay. She should have known this some day or the other. Whats her reactions?
Khushi: Scared. She is so scared to even meet you. Actually any girl would have been scared seeing your level of unnecessary possessiveness. So I dont blame her.
Arnav: I dont blame her either. She is not as lucky as you to find such a strong partner.

Khushi dropped the spatula down on the floor..

Khushi: PARTNER? Dont you think you are dreaming Mr Raizada? I am hardly 21 and you are not my choice ..
Arnav: Did I ever care YOUR CHOICE Sweetheart? So stop overreacting.. Tell me your plans for today.
Khushi: Why? If I tell you there is no one home, will you drop in?

It was hard to make Arnav Singh Raizada smile but not impossible for Khushi to make him do that. He smiled.

Arnav: Was it an Open invitation?
Khushi: NEVER.. !! And I lied. Nani is at home.
Arnav: Others?
Khushi: Why ? WHy you want to know about them? Find yourself if you interested so that at least I can drop this call and get ready to leave.

That alarmed him.

Arnav: Where you going?
Khushi: Market. Why? Shouldnt I go?
Arnav: I just asked.
Khushi: And I replied.
Arnav: You replied half. I want details Khushi.
Khushi (angrily): Personal work Mr Raizada
Arnav: Call me Arnav and I owe to know what that personal is .
Khushi: No I cant call you by your name because you are not my friend neither my boy friend. And personal defines , it should not be shared.

Arnav: You dont want me to give a surprise visit at your home, dont you? Just tell me where you going?
Khushi (Angrily): Tailor.. To give my new suits for stitching.
Arnav: Who's accompanying you?
Khushi: No one.
Arnav: Take someone.
Khushi: Why?
Arnav: Just do as said Khushi. Take some one along. May be Payal.
Khushi: She is not at home. Gone to see some cousin of hers.
Arnav: Your Di?
Khushi: She is away too. To meet some relatives from her in laws side. Now dont ask me to take Nani. She is tired. She cannot come.

Arnav: Text me the address.
Khushi : What? Why?
Arnav: I am accompanying you.
Khushi: No No No.. This is not required.
Arnav: Dont decide that. I know what I have to do .
Khushi: PLease .. I really hate it when you force me so much. I am not running away. just going to a tailor. I always did that. Its not new.
Arnav: But its new to me Darling. I have picked my car keys. Tell me the address fast so that I dont delay reaching there.

Khushi gave up. If he is so much interested to come, then let him. She will not deny. Let him see what a middle class market is.

************

The place was hell for him. Such a narrow road where he cannot even park his SUV. He horned the upteenth time and finally succeeded to drive ahead. Parking his car at a far distance from the actual spot to meet, he took a walk to that place. He reached before Khushi but not with much difference. He was just 5 minutes early than her. She was wearing a cute pink Chudidaar, holding a small plastic bag having her unstitched suits probably.

Khushi: This way.. (she pointed)

They started walking.

Khushi: SO? What do you want to prove? Why are you here? To do a security check of that Tailor? Only because he is doing the crime of stitching my clothes?
Arnav: Think whatever you want, I dont care.

They entered the old building . He was little disturbed. He slowed down his steps. She pressed the button of the elevator because the Tailor's shop was at the 5th floor. The elevator was quite an old model , obviously not as per Arnav's standards. It opened and Khushi walked in, holding the button to allow him get inside.Arnav was quite uneasy to even think about it.

Arnav: Come out..
Khushi(confused): Why?
Arnav: Because we are taking the stairs Khushi. Just come out..
Khushi: No.. have you lost your mind? 5 floors? I cannot walk.. Just get inside.. I dont have hours to wait here.

Arnav was feeling very unstable, he was losing his mind. He was unable to concentrate.

Khushi: If you dont wish to come, I am going alone.

She was about to lock the door when he got inside. This was not easy for him but he still did. She chuckled seeing his scared face. She pressed the "5th" floor button and the lift started. He held her hand, closed his eyes to suppress that inner fear which was still LIVE inside him from years. She was astonished to find him reacting this way. Arnav Singh Raizada and that too scared of an Elevator? Wow.!! That was new. She got his weak point. ! They reached the 5th floor, he was the first to come out and walk to the window at the corner of the lobby to get some fresh air. Khushi was neutral. Should she ask him if he was okay? May be not. Let him breathe until then she can give her clothes and return.

Arnav removed an Anti-depressent from his pocket and gulped down with the water from the filter which was kept aside. He didnt care how purified that water should be. He just had to take this medicine to avoid what was going inside his mind and body. After 5 minutes he finally felt better. He walked in the Ladies Tailor shop. Khushi was detailing the tailor about the pattern when he stood behind her.

Arnav didnt care what dress pattern she selected. She was free to choose that. He will never intrerfere. They finished the work and before Khushi could go towards the elevator, he pulled her towards the Stairs.

Khushi: Again Stairs? You have some kind of allergy with elevators kya?

He didnt reply. He kept getting down and she followed him. He wanted to leave this place as soon as he can. Once they were out, he stopped at his car because by now Khushi had started making fun of his phobia.

Khushi: Arnav Singh Raizada.. is scared of Elevators? (she laughed heartily)

Arnav was losing his mind now.

Arnav: Khushi .. STOP saying that..
Khushi (chuckled): Why? Only because this is true? Accept it Mr Raizada. Its not a big deal.

She laughed again. He clutched her arm and pinned her to the car..

Arnav: (in rage): I was 6 years old when I was accidently locked in such a tacky elevator, with no lights and no one who can hear my scream. I spent 3 hours inside. All alone, scared and dejected. I was suffocating Khushi.. I would have died if the Security team hadnt opened the lift and let me out. That fear still haunts me when I see such worn out elevators.. You wanted an answer right.. This is it.. YES.. Arnav Singh Raizada is scared of such elevators..

Her laugh had stopped almost the same time he had pinned her to his car. She felt pity for him when realised what the reason was behind his behaviour. A 6 year old kid who had face such a terrible situation was really worst.