Part 24

The party ended around 11:00 pm and Arnav ensured Khushi reaches safely. Though she had left hours back, her image was still lingering in his mind and heart. He was lying on the bed, eyes wide open and remembering the way she made an entry in the party. She is so beautiful..Her smile, her eye movements, her soft hair , she looked like an angel tonight. He didnt know Khushi would look so mesmerising in a simple designer saree? Suddenly he remembered the little conversation in aloof between her and Lavanya. Now that was something he had to ponder about. He quickly made a call to his sources.

Arnav: Dr Lavanya and Khushi, I want to know what connection they share.

It was not difficult for Arnav to find such things out. He had a huge backup and power for such things. He could have even made it more simple by asking Khushi directly. But he didnt wanted her to lie. He cannot tolerate a lie. It might be the silliest one. But he cannot forgive a person who lies to him or backstabs him.

*************

Next Day

Arnav was in his cabin working when Akash knocked the door and came inside. He needed some signatures on papers. It had been quite a few weeks Akash was working in AR and he was doing quite well. Arnav was already impressed by his efforts. He signed the papers and handed it back to him.

Arnav: Good work Akash. You have earned quite a good name between my clients.
Akash: Thanks ASR. If you wouldnt have given me a job here, I might not have got such a good opportunity to showcase my work.
Arnav (Smirked leaning behind): You are so unlike the others in your house. You are the only one who appreciate my care.
Akash: I.. I didnt get you. .
Arnav: Look at Shyam Jha.. Your Jeejaji.. He doesnt like me much just like his wife Anjali. And Khushi.. ( he was about to continue but he zipped his lips because he remembered the family doesnt know anything about him and her. )

Akash was alarmed.. WHat did ASR wanted to say about Khushi?

Akash: And Khushi what?
Arnav: Uhh Nothing.. She barely knows me !!
Akash noded affirming that statement. He left with the papers to continue his work but in a hurry forgot his mobile phone on Arnav's desk. Arnav was about to give it back to him but suddenly the phone rang and the caller name beeped was "Lavanya". Now was this just a coincidence that Akash knew someone named Lavanya or was she the same Dr who treated him? He wanted to know it desperately. He answered the call but didnt speak. She did.

Lavanya: Akash.. Did you reach office?Lets meet today evening. Its been so long since we went for dinner, just the two of us. What do you say?

Arnav was shocked to hear his Doctor Lavanya's voice. So he was right. There was some connection between Lavanya and the Gupta's!! Not hearing any words from the other end, Lavanya cut the call to dial again. Thats when Akash entered the cabin.

Akash: Sorry.. I forgot my phone here.

Arnav passed him the phone.

Arnav: You were getting a call from some.. Uhh. .Lavanya!!
Akash: Oh!! Thanks!!
Arnav: Girl friend?

Akash smiled but that was enough for Arnav to understand he was right. Akash left and Arnav angrily fisted his fingers thinking why these two ladies hide this fact from him.

***************

Temple

Nani and Khushi were at the temple praying. After they finished their prayers Naniji took Khushi to the Panditji whom she knew from past few years. Khushi had no clue what was happening..

Nani: Panditji.. She is my grand daughter Khushi.
Khushi: Namaste Panditji..

The Pandit blessed her.

Nani: Panditji.. She has completed her graduation. We are planning to get her married soon. Can you please bless her for a happy life ahead.?

Khushi's eyes widened.. Marriage?

Khushi: Nani? Marriage? So early?
Nani: Khushi bitiya.. We are just planning. We didnt start hunting yet..
Khushi: But Nani?

The Pandit smiled and asked Khushi to show her hand. She had no choice but to show her palms unwillingly. The Pandit studied it and then looked at Nani.

Panditji: There seems to be some complications in her marriage.
Nani was shocked and so was Khushi.
Panditji: But she will get a good life partner. A man who can even die for her. He will love her like no one else. She will be his only possession which he would devour for his lifetime.

Khushi hiccuped. Why was the Panditji describing the characteristics of Arnav Singh Raizada?

Nani was happy.

Nani: Thank You Panditji..This is what we wanted to know .But what complications? I didnt understand. If that boy is so good why will there be complications?
Panditji: That only time will tell you all.

That was a phrase of sarcasm. Khushi and Nani both looked at each other and then finally left towards the stairs of the temple. Nani met one of her old friend and started talking. Khushi walked ahead to wear her sandals. Suddenly someone pulled her behind a pillar. She was about to scream but he closed her mouth and pinned her there.

Arnav: Its me!!

She took a sigh of relief?
Khushi: Aap? Mandir mein? What are you doing here?
Arnav: Sunna Panditji ne kya kaha? (Did you hear what the Panditiji said?)
Khushi exactly knew what was he asking her. So he heard it too?
Khushi: Haan Suna.. But hum nahi maante!! (yes I heard. But I dont believe it)
Arnav: Kya nahi maanti? (What do you dont believe?)
Khushi: Ki woh aap hai. Hum aap se shaadi kar hi nahi sakte! (That you are that man. I can never marry you)

Now that pissed his mood. He stepped towards her and she nervously moved back.

Arnav: Dont marry me!! I wont have a problem with that .Problem toh tab hogi jab tum kisi aur se shaadi karne ke baarein mein sochogi..!! ( Dont marry me!! I wont have a problem with that. But the problem will surely rise if you think of marrying someone else)

She was scared. She knew whatever he said, he means it. He will not let her marry anyone else. He cannot even let her dream of that. They heard Nani's voice calling KHushi and looking for her. She was about to leave but he caught her hand .

Arnav: Tum ne bataya nahi Lavanya Akash ki girl friend hai? (You didnt tell me Lavanya is Akash's girl friend? )

Khushi's heart skipped a beat. He came to know that ? But how? She surprisingly looked in his eyes. He was smirking at her.

Khushi: Girl friend? Wohh.. Hum.. Hum..Bataane hi waale the .. Par (Girl friend? I.. I was .. going to tell you .. )
Arnav: Bataane waali thi? Kab? (When were you going to tell me this? )

She became quiet.. He angrily pulled her back and now his eyes raged fire at her.

Arnav: I hate when you hide anything from me and then lie. Never do that again Khushi otherwise I am known for punishing people badly. I might not think twice before getting you in that list!!

Khushi was terribly afraid. She heard Nani's voice again and pushed him back running away from his clutches.!!! He didnt follow. He had conveyed her well what he wanted to. Now comes the next task and that was meeting his beloved Dr.. Lavanya!!

***************

Lavanya's Clinic - Next Day

As usual Lavanya
entered her clinic to start her day but the moment she came in, she stepped back in fear seeing Arnav Singh Raizada sitting on her chair and fiddling with the pen!!

Lavanya: ASR? What a.. what are you doing here ?
Arnav: I was waiiiiiiiting for you!! Why are you standing there? Get in Dr.. This is your clinic.!! Dont be scared!!

Lavanya had realised why he was here. Khushi had told her last night how he had caught their little risky secret..!! But how die he come to know? The Gupta's yet didnt know about their affair. All they knew was Akash and she was only good friends. How can ASR find the truth then?

Lavanya: What do you want ASR? Come to the point. I know what made you be here early morning!!
Arnav: Good!! So that means every single movement of mine is discussed between you and Khushi!! That shows how popular I am !!

He got up holding the paper weight in his hand. Lavanya was scared. She knew his mental condition. He sometimes just screws up everything by his anger.!! She just hoped he doesnt hurt her.

Arnav: You know when I came to know about this relationship between you and Khushi, I was very upset!! I felt like shooting someone.. I was that angered.. But slowly I realised I am wrong. Why should I be angry on you ? I should be thankful Dr.. For getting Khushi in my life. For getting her so close to me even though your intention was never the same!! You wanted her to treat me but sorry to say, she is drugging me more into the passion of possessing her!! In fact these days I dont think about anything else except her. (he took a deep breathe and then stood right before Lavanya. Her fingers were shiverring, he could say that ).. Very silly idea it was Lavanya!! How can an intelligent Dr like you suggest something like this? But still.. Good attempt!! (he clapped his hands slowly for few seconds)..

Lavanya: She is innocent ASR.. Dont harm her.!!
Arnav: I wont!! Bet me I wont harm her ever Dr!! She is into me, within me, how can I harm myself? Never!!
Lavanya: Then what do you want ASR? Why cant you just leave her? You cannot cage that innocent girl in your web. She is hardly 21 and she had never lied so much to her family like she is doing these days. Dont make it so hard for her . Please. I beg!!
Arnav: Then beg!! ( he commanded)

Lavanya was confused! Arnav gave her a stern look. She was scared..

Arnav: However hard you beg or try convincing me , I am not going to step back. You are worried for the lies she's been telling to her family because of me, arent you? I have better plans to end those lies. Tell her, she is getting the biggest surpise of her life today evening. Be prepared!!

Throwing the paper weight at the far off corner, Arnav Singh Raizada left her cabin like a storm. Surprise? What surprise? What was he planning? She just hoped its nothing horrible!!

***************

When Lavanya told Khushi everything that happened today and the way he warned her about the surprise, KHushi could not stay calm. She was very much scared because this time she had no idea what he planned to do? She just hoped he doesnt mess with her family now!!
Lavanya had purposely come to Gupta house to give her some moral support. They were discussing the same topic in Khushi's room when suddenly they heard a loud shriek of a car getting parked in their vicinity!! Both of them rushed to the window!! Khushi almost got an attack seeing Arnav Singh Raizada getting down the car and two of his servants holding some fruits, flowers and sweets baskets!! What was he doing here and all these gifts ?What does it mean?

Akash rushed outside to see what was his Boss doing here. The whole family was at home. Anjali didnt like his presence much so she chose to stay inside and watch silently. Arnav entered the house.. Akash had to greet him. The servants kept the gifts on the table and left out.

Akash: ASR? What is all this?
Arnav: Call your Nani out..! I want to talk to her!! Guess she is the eldest in your family, am I correct?
Akash noded and in confusion called his Nani out in the living room. Anjali, Shyam also came out and Lavanya and Khushi kept hiding at the bedroom door and watching all this..

Arnav folded his palms seeing Khushi's Nani.

Nani: Namaste beta!!
Arnav: I dont know much of the traditions followed in India. I have always stayed abroad, away from all this .Neither I have anyone who can come here and talk on my behalf. So Whatever I am doing might sound strange to you people but I cant help!
Nani and others were still in confusion.

Arnav(looking at Khushi once and then turning back to Nani): Mujhe aap ki naatin se Shaadi karni hai!! ( I want to marry your Grand daughter)