Part 32

It was hard for her to believe that in the next 3 days she was getting married to The Arnav Singh Raizada. Was it her destiny which decided all this or was it Arnav Singh Raizada who had taken this honour of writing her fate along with his?

"Kaunsa akshar likhwana hai Mehndi mein? ",the girl sitting before her drawing the bridal Mehndi on her hands asked with curiousity. Khushi was quiet. She cannot stay like this. She cannot let her fate win over her. If destiny had chosen this path, this future for her, she will live with it, and fight it with full dignity. Living a scared life, thinking what odds her future has in store for her will only hurt her day by day. It was time she stands up for herself. The girl repeated the same question and this time Khushi uttered the name with much confidence in her voice.

Khushi: "A" likhwana hai.. Unka naam "A" se hai!! ( Write "A". His name starts with "A")

The girl smiled and started writing "A" on Khushi's palms. Anjali was watching this from the corner, she felt a prick in her heart. Nani pressed her hand to indicate there were guests around who can observe her strange reactions.

Anjali: Nani.. I cant see Khushi like this.. Why cant we do anything for her?
Nani: You think I am her enemy? Anjali bitiya.. I know this marriage is starting with a bad note.. But I have that feeling.. I know Arnav will keep her happy. And dont you know our Khushi? She is a fighter.. She will change him to good. I believe her.
Anjali helplessly had to believe what Nani just said. Khushi's mobile phone was in her hands as Khushi was busy in her Mehndi ceremony.. Khushi's phone started ringing. Anjali was surprised to read the caller's name which Khushi had saved on her mobile " Rakshas" calling.. Anjali didnt had to guess for long to know whose call it was. She answered it.

Anjali: Hello..
Arnav: Khushi kahan he?
Anjali: (sighed in frustration ): She is getting the Mehndi applied.
Arnav: Pass the phone to her.
Anjali: She cant talk, I mean she cant hold her phone. The mehndi will get spoiled.
Arnav: I dont care Mrs Jha.. !! Mujhe meri hone waali biwi se baat karni hai.. Abhi.. Issi waqt..!! ( I want to talk to my would be wife.. Now.. !! )

Anjali was very irritated but she still took his orders and came to Khushi, pressing the phone on Khushi's ears.

Anjali: He wants to talk to you..
Khushi ( still not understanding): He ?Kaun Di?

Arnav heard that line and quickly replied .. Since the phone was already pressed to Khushi's ears she heard him..

Arnav: Mere Alawa aur kitne ladke hai tumhaari zindagi mein Khushi Kumari Gupta? ( How many men apart from me do you have in your life Khushi Kumari Gupta?)
Khushi almost jerked and her eyes widened listening his voice..
Khushi: (Responding back): Kyon? Aap ko uss se matlab? (Why? Why do you care?)
Arnav( gritting his teeth): Dont you dare talk to me like that Khushi..
Khushi (gulping): Yeh bataane ke liye call kiya tha aapne? ( Did you call me to say this?)
Arnav: (Trying to control his anger): You amaze me Khushi.. The same girl who once used to shiver even talking to me, today she is backanswering me so easily.
Khushi: (Chuckled): Abhi shaadi nahi hui.. aur aap abhi se dar gaye? Soch lijiye Mr Raizada.. Abhi bhi waqt hai!! (We arent even married yet and you got scared? Think again Mr Raizada.. You still have time)

Arnav leaned on his office chair closing his eyes and visualising Khushi's face.

Arnav: I have made perfect plans for every hour we spend together after the wedding Khushi Kumari Gupta.. And you still think I will give a thought again to cancel this wedding.. Its impossible!! I wish these 3 days fly soon and you step in my life forever..Becoming mine!!

Khushi felt a shiver in her spine. She had no words to speak after this..

Arnav: Kya hua? Dar gayi?
Khushi ( regaining her strength): Hum ab kisi se nahi darte.. Aap se bhi nahi..!!
Arnav: Accha? Dekhenge!!
Khushi: Jab kuch hoga hi nahi toh aap kya dekhenge?

Anjali was surprised to hear this conversation between Arnav and Khushi. Seemed like Nani was right.. Khushi was a tough fighter in terms of her relationships. She will not give up so easily.. so what if her opponant was Arnav Singh Raizada? The call ended and Anjali without asking anything further, left for continuing her work.

Arnav on the other hand had a broad smirk on his face. He had almost visualised Khushi's cute expressions while they had this teeny meeny conversation. The wait was killing him now. It looked like a dream for him.. The sweetest dream which he probably never saw in the past few years. The dream of having someone he can call his own.!! Someone who will only share her love with him and no one else.

**************

Night

The Gupta family were not expecting Arnav Singh Raizada to drop by their home and pay a visit at night. Whenever he was here, they always anticapted another drama to happen. But this time he tried being polite to them.

Shyam: We ..we didnt know you were going to come here tonight. Anything urgent Mr Raizada?
Arnav: No. Nothing important. I just came to meet Khushi. Where is she?

The family gazed at each other's faces and then Nani replied.

Nani: Uhh. Khushi bitiya is in her room.
Arnav( Without wasting time): Excuse me!!

He was already behaving like he had a right in this house. Well!! To be honest ,this was his house, and he did have a right here. Arnav knocked Khushi's room and saw her packing bags. She was really facing difficulty in sorting her things, which ones should she carry with her after marriage and which to leave behind?

Arnav: Its nice to see you taking our marriage so seriously!! I hope this is not a drama of few days.
Khushi: (Sighed): Its high time you start trusting people around you Mr Raizada.. Not everyone is a cheater.
Arnav didnt care responding to that. He just came forward and held her hands, watching her Mehndi carefully.

Arnav: Nice tatoo..
Khushi: (pulling her hands behind): Its not a tatoo.. Its Mehndi..
Arnav: Whatever!! I heard it requires a lot of patience to get this thing done..
Khushi: (Turning back and continuing her packing): I am increasing my patience level these days.. Its going to help me after our marriage.
Arnav (smirking): (Turning her again to face him): Where have you learnt talking all this?

Khushi didnt respond to that. She moved his hand away and sat on the bed to pack her things. Arnav scanned her bed and saw how she took her own time thinking whats necessary out of those and then pack in her bags.

Arnav: Is it so hard for you to pick whats needed?
Khushi: Each of this is close to my heart.. I have good memories of each one of my belongings. Its very hard to pick few from them..
Arnav: Typical girl!! ( he muttered ).. Anyways.. I wanted to book our tickets and apply for your visa.. Tell me which place you want to see?
Khushi ( confused): Where are we going? And why?
Arnav: As if you dont know..!! Every couple goes out on a holiday after they get married. We are not different. If you ask me, the best place would be Maldives or may be Bali. I have seen both though. No harm in seeing it again for me!! You have any other place in mind?

This was again getting so ackward for Khushi.. Here she was facing difficulty even staying under one roof with him and he was planning for a vaccation ?

Khushi: Jaana zaroori hai? (Is it necessary to go? )
Arnav: (Smirking again seeing her reactions): Yes.

Khushi's mood was suddenly off as she kept packing her bags.

Arnav: No hurry. Take your time and give me a reply tomorrow. I will ask Aman to make the reservations. Good night.

He was about to leave when he heard her reply.

Khushi: I heard your mother lives in US.

Arnav stopped.. Anger slowly raging inside him.. He turned around to meet her eyes.

Khushi: Lets go to US. I will also meet your mother.
Arnav( suddenly interrupted): No. !!( his voice was sharp and tone high)
Khushi: No? But why? Whats wrong in this?
Arnav: (Stepping again towards her): I will take you to US if you want. But I am not interested to meet her.
Khushi: But I am interested Mr RAizada.. She will be my mother in law.
Arnav: ( gritting his teeth): She is no more my mother.. Which means she can never be your mother in law.
Khushi: A mother will always be a mother .. You cant deny that right from her.
Arnav (angrily): dont you understand Khushi? She or anyone related to her can never be part of my life again.
Khushi was confused..

Khushi: Aisa kya hogaya jo aap unhe itna napasand karte hai? ( What happened that you hate her so much?)

Arnav fisted his fingers.. He gave a cold stare to Khushi once and then left the house.. She kept following him till the door asking him to say something.. But he didnt answer her at all. He just drove his car back speedily..

***************

Khushi could not sleep the whole night. All the time she kept thinking what was so much wrong between Arnav Singh Raizada and his mother? She knew he was half American. .She knew his mother was American and father Indian.. But apart from this she didnt knew anything. Something had definately turned wrong in his life which had made him what he is today. But how is she suppose to know that unless he speaks out? She had to find a solution for this. Afterall in 2 more days she will be his wife. She ought to know all his life secrets.!!

Next morning she gave an excuse at home saying she would turn back soon and came to meet Arnav at Raizada Mansion. She was welcomed by the maids /servants who knew who she was.

Khushi: Where is Mr Raizada?
Hari Prakash: Good that you came Madam.. Arnav bhaiyaa is not in a good mood since last night. He didnt even eat his dinner nor he allowed us to enter his room today for serving the breakfast.

Ohh!! So she really had touched his wrong nerves by asking him about his mother then..!!

Khushi: Where is his room?

The servants pointed at his room and though she was very scared of going there alone and facing him, she still gathered some courage and climbed the stairs.She knocked his room door. Once, twice and then almost 10 more times after which he finally gave up and opened the door. He was about to blast at this person who was disturbing him but seeing Khushi before him, he controlled his rage. Khushi was very afraid seeing his red shot eyes. He was drunk or might be it was his last night's hangover. He turned back and left inside the room, leaving the door open for her to enter. She slowly stepped inside. She was about to ask him something but he didnt give her a chance. He turned around and looked in her eyes straight.

Arnav: My mother dropped me in an Orphanage just to marry some other man.

His eyes were moist while saying this. She felt a prick in her heart and there was remorse in her expressions for imagining what he would have went through in the past..

Arnav ( continued): She didnt even see my face after that.

Tears rolled down Khushi's cheeks as she tried to grasp what he said and how he felt.

Arnav: I didnt snatch the right of a mother from her, she disowned me Khushi.

Khushi's throat ached gulping the tears down. She didnt know how to react, what to reply back and how to ensure he realises that she is with him.. No matter how much differences they had, no matter how much she hated him for this forceful marriage, she still felt pity for him and this was the first time when she actually had tears in her eyes not BECAUSE of Arnav Singh Raizada.. but FOR Arnav Singh Raizada..