Part 38

The place where she got down looked horrible. She was almost some 20 Kms away from Raizada house. This place was almost at the suburbs of Delhi City. It was good she didnt follow him at night as she might have never wished to enter such a scary little place alone in the first instance. She had asked the driver to park the car aloof so that Arnavji or his guards dont see them. She got down the vehicle.

Driver: Madam.. Please get inside the car. If ASR comes to know I got you here, he will fire me from the job.
Khushi: Do you know what place is this? ( she curiously asked)
Driver: Uhh.. I.. dont know.. ( he said lowering his eyes)
Khushi: Dont lie. I can read your face. You know what place this is. You have been his Driver since so many years.. You must know.

The Driver was in a fix what to reply. She could clearly understand he wanted to hide it.

Khushi: Look.. If you dont tell me you are still going to lose your job. He is my husband. He will remove you on my word. But if you tell me what place this is, I will never let him know that you got me here any day. Samjhe? Now speak up.

The condition that she put seemed fair to the Driver.

Driver: Whenever he wants to do his illegal activities, like bribing someone, or.. or threatening someone, he does it here . At this place. I dont know anything beyond this.. Please Madam.. Lets go.. Please..

"Illegal Activities?" Khushi was shocked. What activities comes in that list? She knew what he was capable of but he actually practices somethings hidden from the law, she never thought in her dreams..

Khushi: Stay here.. I am going in ..
Driver: What? No Madam.. He is already inside. If he sees you...I..
Khushi: Sshh.. He wont see me.. Stay here.

Even after the Driver kept pleading asking her to return back she didnt care. She had to know what he was doing inside and why? She already had guessed, he had kidnapped someone as per that phone conversation she heard today. She just couldnt keep herself away from all this. She slowly stepped towards the small cottage, ensuring no one sees her coming. She was not that brave enough to do this stunt, but she still gave her best shot. She kept hiding behind the trees whenever she feared someone would see her coming and when she was confident enough the road was clear, she kept moving forward. She reached the door and was about to open it when suddenly she heard a man's voice... She stopped realising they caught her.. The man was Arnavji's guard probably..

Guard: Ehh!! Who are you ?What are you doing here?
Khushi got scared. She tried to run away from there but they caught and took her inside. They forcibly made her enter the room where her husband Arnav Singh Raizada was seen blowing his Cigar..!! He was astonished to see his wife here. He blew off the cigar and stamped it below his feet.

Guards: Boss..This girl was seen spying here.

Khushi gulped seeing the rage in Arnavji's eyes. He was definately not very happy knowing it. He stepped towards the guards and her. Khushi's heart beated louder and louder and louder..!! The moment he was one step away from them she closed her eyes in fear. That same instant she heard a loud sound of someone being slapped. She opened her eyes again to see what just happened. The guard was slapped hard on his cheek by Arnavji.

Arnav ( holding the Guards collar): Himmat kaise hui meri biwi ko haath lagaane ki? ( How dare did you touch my wife? )

The guards were absolutely shocked to know the woman they were holding was their Boss's wife! They immediately left her arms. She was set free..

Guards: So.. ooryy Sorry Boss.. We made a mistake.. Sorry..

Making apologies to him, the guards left outside. Khushi was very much scared to meet his eyes. She knew he was not going to spare her today. But what was her fault? She just wanted to knew what her husband was doing at her back. Before she could utter a word, he strongly clutched her arm and dragged her outside the house.

Khushi ( struggling): Arnavji... Humaari baat toh suniye..!! ( Arnavji at least listen what I have to say)

He didnt care to reply that. He dragged and made her sit inside his car. He drove the car back home.

Khushi: Arnavji.. What is this house? What were you doing there?

Arnav was more frustrated. He stopped the car with a shierk and with her Dupatta he closed her mouth.. She started struggling again. What does he think he was doing? He even tied her hands with that same Dupatta so that she doesnt try to remove it.She understood he did not wanted her to speak. He started the car again and kept driving. Their distance back to Raizada house was descending but not his anger. They reached home and he dragged her out again. She was still tied and very much afraid. Once they were in their room, he opened her mouth, her hands still tied.

Arnav: You got so much of courage to follow me? How could you Khushi? What did you think I was doing there? Agar tumhe kuch ho jaata, toh main .. ( he clenched his jaw unable to speak further..)..

She saw pain in his eyes.

Arnav ( clutching her arms): I dont think you know what it means to be my Wife.. !!
Khushi: I am your wife and thats why I have rights to know what you planning to do. You have kidnapped someone, didnt you? Who is he ? And who gave you the rights to harm a human being like that?
Arnav: No need to show sympathy on that man.. Instead show some mercy on me and stop poking in my business..!!
Khushi: Bussiness ?What business do you do? Is Kidnapping people your Business Arnavji?
Arnav ( gritting his teeth) : Shut up Khushi!!

He warned her with his tone and eyes but she was not going to give up so soon .There was a silence for some minutes between them.. He tried his best to compose his anger and finally cupped her face.

Arnav: Your place is here Sweetheart.. In this house... In my heart.. Not out there at unknown places .. You dont belong there..
Khushi: ( shoving his hands off her face): So dont you Arnavji.. This aint good. Arent you afraid of what the consequences would be ? Earlier you were single, without a family, without anyone behind you to bother for.. But today, you have me..You married me after facing all the odds.. You wanted a family.. I am your family.. No matter what bond we share within these 4 walls, I am still your wife. So anything you do henceforth is going to affect me too. Just remember that before taking any harsh step in that outside world!! Please promise me you will leave that man.. You will not harm him.. PLease.

Arnav's anger was again rising. .There was no use explaining her. He left her.

Arnav: Aakhri baar bol raha hoon, mere kaam mein dakhal mat dena.. I wont tolerate that. (I am warning you the last time.. Dont poke in between my work.. I wont tolerate that)
He turned around and started walking out, she immediately blocked his way..

Arnav: Let me go!! ( he warned her )
Khushi: Mere liye itna nahi kar sakte Arnavji? (Wont you do this much for me Arnavji?)

He gave her an intense stare and then pushed her away leaving the room. Tears rolled down eyes realising she had got a husband who was all of himself. He will never hear any second person's advise, nor will he stop himself from doing wrong!!!

****************

Few hours later.

When he entered the house in the evening after finishing his work, he was well aware that he had to convince Khushi and recover her mood which he had spoilt in the morning. But what was his fault? She herself had invited that pain for her. Who the hell asked her to follow him and poke her nose in his actions?

Arnav (asking the maid): Where is Khushi?
Maid: Must be in her room Sir. After you left, she didnt come down at all.

Now what was that supposed to mean? He hurridly climbed the stairs and entered his bedroom. It was dark. Why didnt she turn the lights On?

Arnav : Khushi? ( he called out her name very politely )

There was no reply. He turned the lights on and to his surprise he saw Khushi sitting quietly on the bed, her hands still tied.

Arnav: What the!! ( he quickly rushed to her and untied the dupatta from her hands) .. Dammit.. Why the hell didnt you remove this?

He looked at her wrists and they were bruised being tied up for hours.

Arnav: Damm!! How can you be so ignorant ?

He immediately removed some ointment and started applying it on her wrists, blowing air on it. The past few hours after he left her, Khushi could not untie herself and she chose not to ask the maids do it for her.

Khushi: I didnt wanted to potray the maids of this house that you dont treat your newly wed wife well.!!

He stopped whatever he was doing and met her eyes. This woman had so much respect for this relationship? He was not used to living with a woman who thought about him so much. And to be honest he never expected that from Khushi either. She was his addiction, agreed, but she can have her own limits... She doesnt need to prove people something which he is not...

Arnav: Even if you had told them, wouldnt bother me.. I dont give a damm to what others think I do .. I live for myself.. So next time dont expesriment on yourself. Get it?

He once again kept soothing her wrist by the ointment. She had never seen so much concern in his eyes before.

Khushi: What did you do with that man?
Arnav was quiet. He tried not to reply but when she tried taking her arms off his hands he gave up his resolve of not discussing this topic with him again and then replied.
Arnav: He is a contract killer Khushi. Specially appointed by my rival to kill me. I was looking for him from past few months.. Do you still want me to leave him?

Khushi was totally shocked. Contract Killer? Arnav closed the first aid box and then got up to keep it in the closet again. She followed him.

Khushi: Contract killer? Aap ko maarne ? Par.. aisa koi kyon karega? ( To kill you ?But why will someone do this?)
Arnav ( turning back to her): Not something you should be concerned about Sweetheart..

Khushi was very surprised when she found him so cool about it. Someone wanted to kill him and he was so normally asking her not to be concerned about? Their door was knocked, both paid attention to the servant who told them Khushi's sister Anjali had come to see them. The maid left. Khushi was very happy to know this but at the same time she was equally remembering what Arnav had warned her the other day. It was he who would decide whom she can meet ..

Arnav: Go..
Khushi was still standing there with a question mark on her face. Did he just say that ?
Arnav: Your family is an exception in my condition imposed. You can meet them anytime you want. I dont have a problem with them until they dont create problem between us.
Khushi was learning something new about him each day. She smiled happily and rushed down to see her Di.

Anjali stood up from the couch seeing Khushi running towards her. The moment she reached, they hugged.

Khushi: I cant believe you are here Di.. How's everyone at home ? Akash bhai, Nani, Jeejaji.. ? Why didnt they come ?
Anjali: Hold.. Hold ... Hold Khushi.. So many questions together?

Khushi gigled but in the very next moment she hissed in pain because Anjali's fingers unknowingly touched her bruised wrists. That caught Anjali's attention on Khushi's wrist..

Anjali: Yeh zakham? yeh kaise hua? ( These wounds? When did this happen?)

That question from Anjali put Khushi in a major fix. She definately cannot tell anyone who was responsible for it. She did not want her family to get worried..

Khushi: Woh Di.. I was working in the kitchen.. And this happened.. But I am fine.. Trust me..

Anjali placed Khushi's hand on her head.

Anjali: You have my promise Khushi. Tell me the truth. Is Arnav Singh Raizada responsible for this?

Khushi had no choice. She couldnt take a false promise that too of her Di. Her silence was enough for Anjali to understand.

Anjali: I wont leave this man.!! ( she was about to walk ahead but Khushi stopped her)
Khushi: Di.. Its not his fault. And he is the one who applied this ointment. He didnt do it purposely.. Please dont speak to him about this.. Please..

Anjali was surprised seeing the way Khushi was always protecting her husband these days. Only becoming his wife doesnt give her this right to safeguard him from getting what he deserves. No matter what happens ahead, but she wont let Khushi suffer alone with that man in this house.